Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
1 post
Page 1 of 1
Hey Guys!

I hope some of you can give me some good ideas on what else to look for on some random audio dropouts I'm having during mixing. I'm currently using Studio 5.1.2 on MacOS Mojave with a Studio 192 Mobile interface. I tried turning off all plugins one by one to find if any them had some sort of conflict and I actually had some concerns with Console 1 (which I haven't used much), but couldn't find a specific plugin causing the problem. However, it apparently does have to do with some accumulative processing since it doesn't happen with all plugins powered off. The session has 48 tracks (including bus tracks, which I tie to folders) and the processing that S1 shows is usually between 30-50%, but it randomly jumps to 100% and I get the audio dropout.

I thought there could be something wrong with the USB cable that goes to the interface, so I tried two additional cables and had the same problem. I'm using a MacBook Pro 2018 (2.9GHz, i9, 16GB) and have tried several block sizes but since I'm mixing I've mostly tested on 2048 and 4096. Also tried different Dropout Protection settings without success and disabled the Low Latency Monitoring options. I use a CalDigit TS3 docking station and I also tried a different USB hub just in case, but had the same problem.

I believe it may have something to do with the Studio 192 Mobile not being able to keep up or the USB protocol failing at some point since the dropouts are not present if I monitor with headphones directly out of the Macbook. But I don't know how to fix it. I have the UC Mixer in bypass, not sure if this could cause this.

Any advice will be deeply appreciated...

Thanks,
Ricardo

Studio One: 5.2
MacOS: Mojave
Interface: Studio 192 Mobile interface
Additional HW: Softube's Console 1, CalDigit TS3 docking station, Faderport 8, AtomSQ
Additional SW: Melodyne Studio 4
Computer: MacBook Pro 2018 (2.9GHz i9, 16GB)

1 post
Page 1 of 1