Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I am trying to hook up midi with the DP88 and Studio 192. Studio 192 shows up in my DAW but I am getting no activity. I see all of the ADAT tracks so it seems to be connected properly. I have external sync (red light( adat) and everything seems to be connected properly.

Studio 192/DP 88/ Pro Tools/ Studio 1/ Sonar Platinum/ Motif XS Rack/Korg CX3/ Korg Karma/ Yamaha CLP170/Motif XS/MX61/ Waves Mercury/ Omnisphere ii/ Ivory ii/ East West Composers Series/Scarbee 88/G Player/Sound Forge Pro/JBL4410/NS10m/Auratones/Elac subs
by ForumAdmin on Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:43 am
The MIDI Ports on the DP88 are only for Pre-Amp control.

We've had isolated reports of basic MIDI functionality for the Studio 192, however that functionality is not supported. We suggest using a USB MIDI interface if you require full MIDI support with your Studio 192.
by Skip Jones on Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:54 am
I would suggest a read of page 5 in the DP 88 manual for an understanding of MIDI and the DP 88. https://www-media-presonus.netdna-ssl.c ... 062016.pdf

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by michael japan on Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:38 pm
I have searched the manual and internet for answers but there is no documentation or case history of anyone using the DP88 as a midi interface for vst’s and external modules. I would appreciate a simple straight answer from someone who uses it for this purpose or has documentation or proof that it is not made for this purpose.

A bit of a bummer that I upgraded from the 1818vsl to the Studio 192 and it doesn’t have midi. Assuming like Firewire becoming a dinosaur that certain companies have decided that since all modern keyboards have usb functionability that dedicated midi ports are no longer needed.

My vintage gear disagrees.

But the converters are wonderful.

Have a goid day and Happy Holidays.
Michael

Studio 192/DP 88/ Pro Tools/ Studio 1/ Sonar Platinum/ Motif XS Rack/Korg CX3/ Korg Karma/ Yamaha CLP170/Motif XS/MX61/ Waves Mercury/ Omnisphere ii/ Ivory ii/ East West Composers Series/Scarbee 88/G Player/Sound Forge Pro/JBL4410/NS10m/Auratones/Elac subs
by Skip Jones on Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:20 pm
The DP 88 MIDI was never intended as a MIDI interface other than to control the preamps. This is why you cannot find any info on it. Hopefully this should answer your question.

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by michael japan on Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:23 pm
That is what I was looking for. Thank you Skip.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1