Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
1 post
Page 1 of 1
Hello members,

here are two quotes of a user and technical support helping me and answering my question for a step by step instruction on how to update UC drivers and firmware to the latest version on Windows 10 64bit.

first the online (if your machine is connected to the internet) method by clintrupp:

You are essentially correct except I start my current version of UC and check for updates. (Update UC first, then restart it, then check the firmware of the 192). The reason I mention connecting to the net is because the system does an instant check against the version you have to the latest available release version. Steps I take when updating, and have for almost 2 years with NO issues or bricking my 192:

1. Start UC with the 192 powered up
2. Click File, Check for updates
3. If it says there is new version, I proceed to download and update
4. Reboot, and restart UC and with the 192 powered on, UC will check the firmware state of the 192 and recommend you update the firmware.
5. Let UC update the firmware paying attention to the screen prompts, specifically to not power down during flash update. This would probably brick the 192.
6. The end of the firmware update it will state to cycle the power on the 192.
7. For that warm and fuzzy feeling, I cold boot everything, including the 192.

I have never had any hitches or glitches with their update process. It's robust. If you are leary, only thing I could recommend is unplug every USB device from your Acer minus the mouse. If you are confident about the stability of your Acer, go for it.

The new UC, drivers and interface between UC/192/S13.5 is kick a$$. They really did a great job with this setup.

and here is what technical support wrote decribing the offline method:

Hi,

You may download the current version of Universal Control from any internet capable computer.

https://www-media-presonus.netdna-ssl.c ... -44619.exe

You can copy the installer to a flash drive and bring to your studio computer.

Run the installer and install Universal Control.

Once installed, open Universal Control and Update the Firmware.

You can do the same for Studio One.

maybe this is usefull if you couldn´t find a detailed description.

kind regards

Matti

- Acer Aspire E17 Laptop running latest Windows 10 64bit Home Edition.
- Intel i7 Core-6500U, 2.5 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz
- NVidia Geforce 940M With 2 Gb VRam
- 8 Gb DDR3 L Memory, 128Gb SSD, 1 TB HDD

- Studio One V.3 Professional
- Presonus Studio 192 Interface
- Novation Impulse Midicontroller

1 post
Page 1 of 1