Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys,

I have been searching the forum and google, and I can't figure this one out. Hopefully it's a nice easy one, staring me in the face.

I want to route my computer audio through Studio One.

I have my Studio 192 hooked up correctly, and I can play Spotify/itunes no problem. In UC Surface the audio comes through Channel 27 "DAW 1". However inside Studio One, UC surface is bypassed, and I cannot find any corresponding input in the Song Setup.

What am I missing?

Many thanks,
Kevin

(Custom build Mac desktop, Sierra 10.12.4, 4GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB, 500GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980)

Studio One 3.3.4.4
Studio 192
Mackie Onyx 800R
by dspjones on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:49 pm
+100000 On this...

I was searching the forums for exactly the same issue.

When I turn on my Studio 192 I have an app installed called SoundSwitcher that simply changes my Windows Audio playback device to MAIN OUT L/R Studio 192.

From that point I can hear all windows audio through the Studio 192 and just like you the sound comes in on DAW 1 (Channel 27).

However if I attempt to record to Studio One 3 or sample into NI Maschine it's like there is no place in either product to "FIND" channel 27.

Anybody have an answer for this? What are we missing?
by matthewgorman on Mon May 01, 2017 10:04 am
when you are in the daw, look at the main fader. Where is that routed to? Its listed in the black box at the top of the fader.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Lawrence on Mon May 01, 2017 6:43 pm
One way is to use ASIO4ALL, create an aggregate device.

Master Bus is assigned to the Windows audio card output and also mults the audio to your 192 or whatever else via Pipeline so you can hear it. Recording is done from the Win audio card Stereo Mix digital input.
by dspjones on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:01 pm
I posed this question to Presonus support. Basically without going through the whole long answer I got it boils down to this... Those DAW channels are useless channels that server no purpose for those wanting to "record" or sample what is coming through on them because there is NO way to route that audio to an input. PERIOD. HUGE FAIL! I've owned just about every interface brand you can think of over the last 2 decades and all of them were able to do this without any issue. Because of this I am seriously considering selling my studio 192 and moving back to RME.
by michaelrooze on Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:55 pm
Did you try what the guy above you said?

Is this still an unresolved issue?
by dspjones on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:40 pm
Yes I did and it is a ridiculous hurdle to jump through in order to achieve the desired outcome. In my mind, if you can hear the audio, you ought to be able to record it. But alas....no! Bottom line - there is no way to record the audio coming from your computer even though you can actually hear it natively through the interface....mind numbing fail for an audio interface.

All of that said - I actually found an answer for this. A nifty piece of software called Dante Via from a company called audinate. Not free but works 100%. Their slogan is literally "Connect Everything" any audio from any source to any destination. It works as advertised. Doesn't matter where the audio is coming from (interface, web, PC, application, external source etc...) you can route it from any source to any destination. Check it out here I think it's like $50 for lifetime license:
https://www.audinate.com/products/software/dante-via
by charlescohen on Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:37 pm
I have been asking this for a long time, and I've pretty much resolved to sending the audio from a second computer into two input channels on the interface. ...not being able to route computer audio (...Spotify/CD/etc.) seems to be a universal problem with Presonus interfaces (no matter which one you use) and Studio One. I had tried to do the virtual routing using ASIO4all and Virtual Audio Cable, but I could never get it to work. The Dante Via sounds like a great solution if it truly worked for you. DSPJones, could you give us some more specifics on how you set up Dante Via with your setup, so we can fix this issue as well?

Chuck Cohen
Studio 192, Faderport 8, Studio One Pro 5.3, gen-7 i7 computer
by dspjones on Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:18 pm
The simple answer is I installed it. I know that sounds flippant but literally that's all you need to do. Install Dante Via. You run the program and the interface comes up - you click start and it will take care of locating all of your audio sources and destinations. Then you simply drag a source from the left side and drop it on a destination on the right side. It really is that simple. What I find cool is that as long as it is running it even "finds" new sources on the fly. So, for example, if I want to route the audio of a you tube video to S1 but I don't yet have my browser open - it will not be listed as a source yet. But, as soon as I open my browser, Chrome, in my case, Dante Via recognizes it as a source and all I need to do is drag it to my Presonus Studio 192 Main (or wherever else you want to route it to). I've noticed after a recent update it now seems to remember what I had routed so I don't even have to do that anymore. I can't sing the praises of that software enough. Best $50 I've ever spent on music production. Oh and it also does a bunch of other stuff like routing audio over networks and such but I don't use it for that. Doesn't seem to introduce any noise or latency in the signal either.

9 posts
Page 1 of 1