Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
After a long deliberation i have decided to replace the Studio 192 with a Focusrite Clarett interface. Got tired of waiting for Presonus to fix things. I had much high hopes that the 192 would not go the way of their previous interfaces, where support just dropped off the earth when problems arose. Saddly this does seem the case for the 192..The sound of the unit is awesome ( no complaints there) but the VST latency is a killer, why release a USB 3.0 interface that can only do USB 2.0 speeds??, Anyhoo, I still love and use Studio One as my DAW but now with the Focusrite i have sub 3ms RTL and sounds every bit as good as the 192 and I can track through my fav plugs and do this across every channel on the mix, in real time
I only wish Presonus had of made the 192 Thunderbolt,or USB 3.1, they would have cornered the market in their price range.
Maybe the next genn of 192's will see this implemented and I may return to using a 192 as my interface but for now I'm all good thanks...:)
by michaelkothe on Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:29 am
I'm in a similar situation as I run a lot of VIs and the latency won't work to track. I tried different manufacturers of VIs and still the same issue. That being said the unit does sound great with a lot of features I was looking for. I just crank up the buffer for mixing and use a focusrite to track for the time being. I have shared my experience with many and it really seems to be on a case by case basis as some have no issues and then there is us. Hopefully it will get resolved eventually, otherwise I'm just gonna save up for a RME or MOTU.

Computer
ASUS G11CD-US008T Gaming PC with Intel Core
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-6700 - Chipset: Intel® H110
Graphic: NVIDIA GTX960 2GB DDR5 - Memory: DDR4 2133MHz 8G
USB: 2X 3.1, 4X 3.0, 4X 2.0 - Storage: 1TB SATA hard drive (7200rpmRPM)(8GB SSD Hybrid)
Application(DAW): SONAR PLATINUM - Version (Most current update)
Audio Interfaces
PreSonus Studio 192 Firmware 1.6-35 - Driver UC Surface v2.0.0.41902 for Windows
Focusrite: Scarlett 6i6 - Focusrite Control 2.1.5
by Jessa on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:15 pm
Yup, damn shame really, I mean If all i was working with was live instruments it wouldn't be a problem, anyways I'm sure Presonus will come to the party eventually, as i think most interfaces will.be Thunderbolt 3 , USB 3.2 these are the connections of the future. I'm sure in a few years time latency with live tracking will be but a memory , we are right on the cusp...
by Jessa on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:52 pm
Well , well , well,,,,,,looky here, a 192 "Thunderbolt" interface....Ask and thy will receive i guess...If the drivers are stable (windows & Mac) and RTL numbers are accurate, this thing will be a home run IMHO. ..Can't wait to get some real world reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDNMa3LvLJI
by matthewgorman on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:07 am
Its not a true 192 replacement, as there is no on board dsp. It is fast as anything I have seen lately. Waiting for the reviews myself.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Jessa on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:39 pm
matthewgorman wroteIts not a true 192 replacement, as there is no on board dsp. It is fast as anything I have seen lately. Waiting for the reviews myself.

Yes true, but apart from the on board DSP and obviously one being USB and the other Thunderbolt the 192 and the Quantum are pretty much identical in looks, I/O and function..:)
by jpettit on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:11 pm
Jessa wroteI only wish Presonus had of made the 192 Thunderbolt,or USB 3.1, they would have cornered the market in their price range.
Maybe the next genn of 192's will see this implemented and I may return to using a 192 as my interface but for now I'm all good thanks...:)

Have you seen the new Quantum thunderbolt interface?

Less than 1ms latency and S1 integration.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest

7 posts
Page 1 of 1