Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I want to purchase my first interface. So I'm not sure if I should get 192 Mobile or Studio 6/8? Or even FireStudio? I don't know the difference....
by matthewgorman on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:25 am
Start with what you need as far as inputs, and go from there. What will you be recording? You should base your interface on the number of simultaneous inputs you need to record. Recording drums, then 8 would be a minimum. Also make sure to factor in any need for scratch, or reference tracks. Once you know what those needs are, then the hardware starts filtering out and clearing up what you should choose from.

A quick explanation of the various connections. Firewire offers lower latency, but finding laptops (if that is what you will be using) able to connect to FW is hard/impossible.

USB offers more connectivity options, but a higher latency potential. Latency will be an issue if you use a lot of amp sims or virtual instruments, but not if you mainly record traditional audio.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by carmenwilliams on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:01 pm
I can probably get away with recording drums with just 2 mics for right now. But i've noticed the Studio line doesn't carry any interfaces with more than 2 inputs? I have a laptop that I'll be recording on.
by matthewgorman on Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:50 am
I think you are only looking at the front of the interface?

The 192 Mobile has 2 onboard preamps, and 2 line in jacks. It can expand via adat to 22 inputs. The 192 also has onboard fat channel processing, and has speaker control for multiple sets of monitor speakers.

The Studio 26 has 2 inputs, no expansion, no fat channel.

The Studio 68 has 4 inputs via xlr, and can add an additional 2 inputs via spdif.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

4 posts
Page 1 of 1