Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
13 posts
Page 1 of 1
Saw nothing but great reviews so I decided to order one of these interfaces. It will arrive on Wednesday. After I ordered it, I saw a lot of people saying there are latency issues when using VI ITB. Has this issue been fixed? Most of the posts were from a while ago. I do not want to be disappointed when it arrives. I appreciate your feedback.

Thank you
by wendellmcclurg on Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:54 am
I am going to assume that it has not been addressed from the 60+ views with zero responses. Admin, no update?
by matthewgorman on Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:46 am
Would love to answer for you, but I don't record with VI's or amp sims. Unit sounds great though.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by wendellmcclurg on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:17 am
Thank you
by michaelkothe on Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:49 pm
I'll chime in as I use VIs and amp sims a lot. I have tried the 192 on different computers and have come to the conclusion with the current drivers and firmware while using VIs you will experience poor RTL times making it difficult to track. Initially when I got this unit I could not be productive with the 192 and VIs for months. There was an update a few months back that at least got the RTL to a workable level so I could mixdown and the crackling I was experiencing went away. It is still too slow to record with which is a shame as I love the quality of the unit. On live instruments I'm very pleased with it. Its when I introduce VIs and amp sims where the 192 goes south. One thing to note also make sure you update your USB drivers as I saw an improvement when I did that on one of my desktop. With effects off for tracking (not ideal) I can get down to 256. With effects on I have to bump it up to 512. Iv'e heard some people have had nothing but great success with this unit unfortunately I am not one of them. I'm thinking its a case by case basis. Hope this helps.

Computer
ASUS G11CD-US008T Gaming PC with Intel Core
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-6700 - Chipset: Intel® H110
Graphic: NVIDIA GTX960 2GB DDR5 - Memory: DDR4 2133MHz 8G
USB: 2X 3.1, 4X 3.0, 4X 2.0 - Storage: 1TB SATA hard drive (7200rpmRPM)(8GB SSD Hybrid)
Application(DAW): SONAR PLATINUM - Version (Most current update)
Audio Interfaces
PreSonus Studio 192 Firmware 1.6-35 - Driver UC Surface v2.0.0.41902 for Windows
Focusrite: Scarlett 6i6 - Focusrite Control 2.1.5
by michaelkothe on Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:31 pm
Oh and as a reference I just ran a straight project with amp sims and it ran relatively clean at a 64 block size so it is definitely an issue with VIs not Sims. I did try other VIs to see if it was the manufacturer but the issue remains regardless of which VI manufacturer I used.

Computer
USB: 2X 3.1, 4X 3.0, 4X 2.0 - Storage: 1TB SATA hard drive (7200rpmRPM)(8GB SSD Hybrid)
Audio Interfaces
PreSonus Studio 192 Firmware 1.6-35 - Driver UC Surface v2.0.0.41902 for Windows
by wendellmcclurg on Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:13 am
Michael,

Thank you for the information. I received the unit and have found the same issues that you have noted. I can run at 256 for the most part and the latency is minimal but I do get the crackles at times. I am going to make sure my USB drivers are updated as you mentioned and hope that Presonus does another driver update soon. As far as the sound quality, the unit is amazing. Still contemplating returning it as most of my work is ITB. Thanks again for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated!

Wendell
by matthewgorman on Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:28 am
wendellmcclurg wroteMichael,

Thank you for the information. I received the unit and have found the same issues that you have noted. I can run at 256 for the most part and the latency is minimal but I do get the crackles at times. I am going to make sure my USB drivers are updated as you mentioned and hope that Presonus does another driver update soon. As far as the sound quality, the unit is amazing. Still contemplating returning it as most of my work is ITB. Thanks again for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated!

Wendell

Its a shame. I have zero issues with latency, but unfortunately for you, I work only with audio. It may seem like overkill, but if you have ability to connect via firewire, look for an RM 16 mixer. Same mic pres and converters, sounds just as good as the 192. Firewire latency is much better than USB.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by michaelkothe on Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:09 pm
matthewgorman wrote
wendellmcclurg wroteMichael,

Wendell

Its a shame. I have zero issues with latency, but unfortunately for you, I work only with audio. It may seem like overkill, but if you have ability to connect via firewire, look for an RM 16 mixer. Same mic pres and converters, sounds just as good as the 192. Firewire latency is much better than USB.

Thanks Matthew,
I have a focusrite 6i6 USB interface I use for mobile solutions and the latency on it is very low. I can run VIs , AMP sims and effects at 64 to 128 pretty solid so to me it's ether driver, firmware or just limitations of the physical components in the 192.

Computer
Audio Interfaces
by M_ELLIOTT on Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:38 pm
I use all kinds of vst from ez drummer being triggered by a roland kit to NI keys. I have no latancy issues. I have my 192 on its own usb 3.0 ports and all other vi running in the usb 2.0

Matt Elliott
Quantum 32x26
Studio One V5
Intel I7 6700K
Gigabyte MB
16GB Ram
by wendellmcclurg on Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:29 am
M_ELLIOTT wroteI use all kinds of vst from ez drummer being triggered by a roland kit to NI keys. I have no latancy issues. I have my 192 on its own usb 3.0 ports and all other vi running in the usb 2.0

Thank you for the info. I am finding it manageable but would definitely love to have an update soon the make it better.
by matthewgorman on Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:31 am
Thanks Matthew,
I have a focusrite 6i6 USB interface I use for mobile solutions and the latency on it is very low. I can run VIs , AMP sims and effects at 64 to 128 pretty solid so to me it's ether driver, firmware or just limitations of the physical components in the 192.

Part of it is in the DSP of the unit itself.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by rokko101 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:59 pm
Most users don't care or even use DSP. There should be a function to deactivate DSP and force better latency times. But most likely everything is hardwired.

MacOS 12.6, Mac Pro 2012 Xeon 3.06Ghz 24Gb RAM, Mac Mini 2012 i7, Studio One v.6 , Presonus Studio 192, AudioBox iOne.

13 posts
Page 1 of 1