Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
20 posts
Page 1 of 1
Universal Control 2.0 was released by PreSonus today. Check your account at PreSonus.com.

https://www.presonus.com/

Skip

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by ramizgadzhialiev on Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:32 pm
I do not understand why this update. Improved user interface and new features I have not seen. Graphic design seems to me less inviting now!
by ronmacnutt on Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:21 am
I am having difficulty with UC 2 on my iPad Mini and hope someone can help.

Downloaded latest version for computer and installed. Works great for my Studio 192.

Updated App on iPad Mini and it connected (two days ago). Everything worked fine.

Tried to connect the iPad Mini today and it will not connect to UC (center progress icon spins).

Deleted App, reinstalled, but no change.

Network settings seem to be OK (Studio One Remote works using same host computer and iPad Mini).

Apps, Studio 192 firmware, iPad Mini iOS and Win 7 on host computer all up to date.

Any ideas?
by seanhadley on Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:32 pm
Seeing the same issue. S1Remote connects, but UC Surface sits there spinning. Also running on iPad Mini with Retina display.

Any ideas?
by Ottomatrix on Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:03 pm
I had to turn off windows 10 firewall to get UC 2.0 to work on android and ipad.
S1 remote connects without having to disable the firewall.

Studio 192, Studio live 16.4.2, Studio one pro
i7-4820k CPU, 32 gig RAM, Windows 10 64bit
art- https://www.youtube.com/user/RobbieOtto
by ronmacnutt on Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:12 am
Ottomatrix wroteI had to turn off windows 10 firewall to get UC 2.0 to work on android and ipad.
S1 remote connects without having to disable the firewall.

Thanks! That works for me, and I feel like a dummy not thinking of that.
by stefanrauch1 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:49 pm
Strange thing: the unity mark on all faders is at -1,28dB. Resetting faders with STRG+Click puts them slightly above to 0dB. In Default Setup all faders are at -1,28dB and need manual resetting one by one. Whats up with that?

Can't connect with UC Surface on ios since update on computer, too.
Before that, UC Surface 2 could connect to UC Control 1.8.3

My workstation is connected to the internet, so disabling the firewall is not an option.

...back to 1.8.3 then

OS: Win10 x64 || Software: Studio One Pro [latest version]
Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X || Asus Prime X570-PRO || 64GB DDR4 RAM || Asus Dual-RTX2070S-A8G-EVO || UAD2 Octo & Duo PCIe
Peripherals: RME Fireface UFX II (+2x ADA8200) || Faderport Legacy || Atom || NI Komplete Kontrol A25
Audio Settings: 44,1/48kHz, 256 Samples, DP Off, 64 Bit
by matthewgorman on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:56 am
You don't need to disable the firewall, just allow UCNet as an exception.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by stefanrauch1 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:28 pm
Thanks Matt,
unfortunately there was/is no entry off "UCNet", just some "Universal Control" entries. They were/are allowed on private&public.

Maybe I'll try again one of the next UC updates... (after creating a system restore point!)
Took some trial & error to revert back to previous version; not as simple as it might sound.
The installation process also is pretty stressful on my stuff, because I've got some routing set up, that cause nasty feedback-loops when the UC mixer is reset to its Initial state with everything full tilt open, which (to my surprise :-) happens on every up- or down-date.

OS: Win10 x64 || Software: Studio One Pro [latest version]
Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X || Asus Prime X570-PRO || 64GB DDR4 RAM || Asus Dual-RTX2070S-A8G-EVO || UAD2 Octo & Duo PCIe
Peripherals: RME Fireface UFX II (+2x ADA8200) || Faderport Legacy || Atom || NI Komplete Kontrol A25
Audio Settings: 44,1/48kHz, 256 Samples, DP Off, 64 Bit
by davlet on Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:20 am
New UI is worse! Seems like a 5 years old design((((((( Flat design was obviosly better)

Studio 192 + Digimax DP88
Pro Tools 2018, Studio One 4
Hackintosh Intel Core i7 975, 12Gb RAM, Radeon HD 6870, MacOS Sierra
by christopherandersen on Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:38 pm
I'll add my voice, and the voice of several freelancers who work the board in my venue:

New UI is terrible. Layout is not an improvement - moving buttons around is just infuriating when you're trying to run 5 shows a week or more and you can't find something you're used to using often. There seems to be some latency between UI controls and the actual board. it looks like a 1st year graphic design student pulled an all-nighter.

Don't just change things for the sake of it. If you need to squash bugs, fine, but this is a train wreck.

0 stars.
by M_ELLIOTT on Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:42 pm
New uc 2.0 looks to be designed for touch screen.

Matt Elliott
Quantum 32x26
Studio One V5
Intel I7 6700K
Gigabyte MB
16GB Ram
by brandonjones14 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:24 am
stefanrauch1 wroteStrange thing: the unity mark on all faders is at -1,28dB. Resetting faders with STRG+Click puts them slightly above to 0dB. In Default Setup all faders are at -1,28dB and need manual resetting one by one. Whats up with that?

Noticed this as well; I can see not wanting to mess with one's levels but if you're at 1.8.3's defaults and faders in 2.0 are correct why not set to "0" automatically.

The changes seem mostly cosmetic (buttons that were flat are now raised... except on the Launcher, where there's still no distinction between devices that open a window or do nothing when clicked, like a Faderport or iOne/iTwo)

I was hoping to see more improvements on the Mac side too like:

- Fix menu bar icon menu not appearing on click and hold (all my other icons do this)
- Make better use of menu bar icon: Instead of just "Show/Hide Launcher", list connected devices and sample rates (then you could get to a device's window in one click from anywhere, assuming the above bug gets fixed)
- Pref to choose whether UC runs in menu bar or Dock (both is kinda weird anyway)
- and now a Pref to disable new color menu bar icon would be nice
by ramizgadzhialiev on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:17 am
Who will tell me? How can I determine the level of mine out(db) ? Can I see it, or should I just feel it?
by MikeGoodwin on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:04 pm
matthewgorman wroteYou don't need to disable the firewall, just allow UCNet as an exception.

Still need more info here. I can only connect if I disable my firewall. There is no UCNet in either my incoming or outgoing exceptions. Need some details here.

Thanks
by davlet on Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:56 am
UC keeps crashing all the time!!! =(
OS X 10.8.5

Studio 192 + Digimax DP88
Pro Tools 2018, Studio One 4
Hackintosh Intel Core i7 975, 12Gb RAM, Radeon HD 6870, MacOS Sierra
by MikeGoodwin on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:11 pm
If you can't connect over WiFi give this a shot.

Not sure if this will work for everyone but it did the trick for me.

1. Open your Windows Firewall control panel
2. Click on Allow an app or feature though the Windows Firewall
3. Click on "allow another app"
Allow another app.PNG

Then Browse
Brows.PNG
Brows.PNG (11.49 KiB) Viewed 14452 times

4. Go to Program Files/PreSonus /Universal Control and select "PreSonusHardwareAccessService" and add it.
service.PNG

That did it for me.

Hope that helps.
by Ottomatrix on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:43 am
Thanks Mike,

That worked for me.

Studio 192, Studio live 16.4.2, Studio one pro
i7-4820k CPU, 32 gig RAM, Windows 10 64bit
art- https://www.youtube.com/user/RobbieOtto
by MikeGoodwin on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:16 am
Ottomatrix wroteThanks Mike,

That worked for me.