Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I recently bought a studio 192 mobile and I was not able to setup my old firestudio for aditional 4-8 adat inputs so I wiil have to send the 192 back. I am sure the old firestudio has enough internal memory to store standalone settings and should send 8 adat out by default when offline just like any other adat unit on the market? I have a word clock generator that work with every single unit i had in my hands lately including ancient motu units and was not able to get the unit to sync@96. It could be used as expansion as obvious from all of the hardware connections.

I am afraid to buy more presonus hardware now, because is just not as modular as it could be and allows very little custom or inventive use.

-------------------------
Mac Pro 5.3 OSX 10.12
Cubase 6
Studio One 3 pro
RME Multiface
Avalon 737
Pro Art MPA 2
Presonus FaderPort
Dell Precision T5500 8core w Win7 Ultimate
Pro Tools 11 w Native Instruments Komplete,
Studio One 3
RME HDSPe RayDAT
Focusrite LS 56 & Focusrite LS 56 & Profire 2626
Eleven Rack
Akai MPK 261 + 2x BFC2000
Focusrite vrm box
------------------------
by keys88 on Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:29 pm
In all fairness I think you need to be more specific. Exactly, specifically, what are you trying to do and specifically how is it failing. This will help the people here understand the situation better so they can offer suggestions to assist you.
by jackylouposedel on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:22 pm
I dont think there is a solution. I have a wordclock generator synced with my yamaha 01v96 mixer studio 192 and other gear on the network. I wanted to add 8 inputs to 192 via adat, using my old firestudios 26/26 and I just couldnt sync up the clocks in or map light inputs or outputs from firestudio 2626 to studio 192.

many thanks. J

p.s. and this is what manual says:

Universal Control allows you to connect up to two FireStudios or to connect any member of the FireStudio family of interfaces with any other. Once you have installed the Universal Control and FireStudio-family driver on your computer, no further installation is required for any FireStudio product to connect to your system.

If this was true i should be able to catch the output light and sync it with my WC generator..

Mac Pro 5.3 OSX 10.12
Cubase 6
Studio One 3 pro
RME Multiface
Avalon 737
Pro Art MPA 2
Presonus FaderPort
Dell Precision T5500 8core w Win7 Ultimate
Pro Tools 11 w Native Instruments Komplete,
Studio One 3