Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
11 posts
Page 1 of 1
When I hook up my external stereo compressor, channel strip or even reverb unit I am getting a loud screeching sound.

I am coming out of the 192 channels 7/8 into the L/R of the unit and back into 7/8 of the 192. As soon as I turn the unit on I get a loud screeching sound. I tried looking in the manual and could not find a solution. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
by jpettit on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:26 pm
Why are you plugging the output of the 192 into the input pf the Compressor then back into the 192?
That is a direct feedback loop.

Because there is no insert I/O path in the 192 suggest you use the channels strip before the 192 and send a line out to the input of the 192 since it can take a line in signal. (Assuming you want to process the input)

However remember the 192 has a fat channels for the input and built in rev for output monitoring so most likely you don't need those other devices.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by craigyork on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:47 pm
Thanks @jpettit for your quick response.

I have some outboard gear (SSL Master Bus Compressor, DBX 160, Chandler Limiter) that I want to use with Studio One. Pipeline makes it easy to integrate outboard gear with Studio One, so I thought. When I used my outboard gear with my other interface (Digi 003, RME) you came out of the gear, into the interface and back out to the gear. So I assumed it worked the same way with the 192.
by jpettit on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:00 pm
Oh ok gotcha.
You are using them in pipeline configuration.
I do not personal do that but Lawrence does. You could PM him.
I would guess you would have to go out one pair and in another pair and would also guess the pipeline prevents you from creating a feedback loop.

SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by craigyork on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:27 pm
I know I am just missing something. I think it has to do with the UC Control because I get that screetching sound before I even open Studio One. So I am playing with it now. Thanks for your help. Truly appreciate it.

Who is Lawrence and how can I reach him?
by jpettit on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:43 pm
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=282
Lawrence
You could turn down the input monitor in the UC.
Not in studio to test.
Recommend first opening S1 and see if pipeline plugin lets you pick the same number input as output.

by craigyork on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:54 pm
Jpettit .. you figured it out ...LOL

What I had to do was click mixer bypass in the UC and it worked ...

Now, being the inquisitive person I am, I want to know why I had to bypass it. but as for now, Ill start mixing this song ... thanks buddy!
by deangallant on Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:59 pm
I had the same issues, but it was due to my "cue" being checked in the I/O's. Something sooooo simple can cause such grief!
by deangallant on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:18 pm
To expand a bit... my outputs (sometimes used as additional Headphone outs) were setup for zero latency (cue checked).
When I used these as outputs for external sends, the checked cues (which I totally forgot) caused all my grief.
by bobby2741 on Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:08 pm
I'm new to Pipeline... I sent a bass DI track out to a SansAmp bass driver then back into Studio One. I don't know how to print the return track. Can anyone please advise?

Thank you
by VladimirOstrava on Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:37 pm
Try his
phpBB [video]

Intel Core i5, Win 10, Studio One Professional 6, RME USBD, RC500, ADL600, Sceptre S6, Eris 4.5, FaderPort 8, Monitor Station 2, UA 610, UA Satellite 2, Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Melodyne Editor 2, Native Instruments Komplete 10, M-Audio Axiom 25, Keystation 49e

11 posts
Page 1 of 1