Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
14 posts
Page 1 of 1
I just received my PreSonus Studio 192 in the mail today and hooked everything up, installed the drivers, and updated the firmware on the device. Upon rebooting the device I noticed that channels 1 & 2 were crackling and the input levels were jumping around on the software and hardware meter. It's not recognizing any of the inputs that I'm plugging in and no audio is being routed out. Is this stuck in some sort of demo mode so that the meters can do their thing or have happened upon a bug? I've already reinstalled the firmware and Universal Control. Any ideas?

I'm running Reaper and Studio One on my Dell M3800, i7, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
by jacobshah on Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:37 pm
Also worth noting, it is happening independently of UC. When I set it to different clock source, even though I don't have one, it goes away. Is it possible that there is an internal clock issue happening here?
by jpettit on Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:55 pm
Wow
Open a support ticket.
Try download the latest UC and firmware to see if reflashing it helps

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by jacobshah on Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Hey! Thanks for the reply. I have opened a ticket.

Also went back to UC 1.5 and re-flashed. No luck. Upgraded again to 1.8 and the Marybeth re-flashed. Same thing. Also tried it on a different PC and with a 2.0 cable rather than 3.0. I'm thoroughly confused. Lol.

Was looking forward to getting some progress made on a project this weekend. Looks like that will have to wait. :(
by jasoncogswell on Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:58 pm
jacobshah wroteHey! Thanks for the reply. I have opened a ticket.

Also went back to UC 1.5 and re-flashed. No luck. Upgraded again to 1.8 and the Marybeth re-flashed. Same thing. Also tried it on a different PC and with a 2.0 cable rather than 3.0. I'm thoroughly confused. Lol.

Was looking forward to getting some progress made on a project this weekend. Looks like that will have to wait. :(

Any luck? I had the same noise issue this week, or at least just noticed, but the unit does pass audio fine . As far as the noise, Input 1 on mine, I could just barely hear the noise while mixing. Narrowed it down to the #1 inst/mic pre, but it was buried in the noise floor, not sure how I even noticed it at first. Cranked the input gain on #1 and bam there it was. All other channels silent . Plugged in a guitar through a high gain amp plugin, it brought the noise right up to the guitar signal level . Crackling like a vinyl record. Useless . I did some testing and driver reinstall et. Double checked my gain staging. No luck, the noise persists when in uc or Studio One, even when no input is selected, but it lives in #1 none the less .
Emailed the retailer, they said call for tech support. I called and described the problem, all he said was I'll send you another one, then send the original back when you get it. New unit seems ok, but I haven't been able to use it much yet . I thought the original unit TB mic was very noisy too, I don't expect much from it, but there's a point where you just know it's noisier than it should be, even for an on-board TB. New one is night and day better. Maybe related somehow? Seeing someone else having the same issue, I'll watch this closely, and thoroughly put my new one through its paces. I'd be interested to hear what you figure out.

S1 3 PRO 64bit, Win 10 64bit on dell xps8900 i7 16gb, Glyph studio raid 6tb Sceptre S8 monitors, temblor t10 sub, Faderport Studio 192 + 2 dp88's, 2 Warm WA-412's
by jacobshah on Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:43 pm
Thanks for the input, Jason!

I haven't had any luck with tech support. I opened a ticket and it's taking them two days to respond? Tried calling the number and couldn't land in the right department.

I haven't found a solution yet, but it is starting to seem like I have a defective unit, which worries me. I only upgrade my interface every 4 - 5 years, and I'm beginning to think that I made a mistake by swapping my Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 for the 192. I hope I'm wrong, but I've been less than impressed so far. :(

How's your new unit working out for you so far?
by matthewgorman on Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:50 pm
PM me your ticket number and I can inquire on the status. You can also log in to your my.presonus account, and see if there was a reply from TS, maybe asking for additional information? Maybe an email got lost in the shuffle?

I can tell you that I have had mine since launch, and its a really good interface. I like the newer version of the xmax pres a lot more than the previous gen, and I liked them also.

The talkback mic on the unit can/is pretty noisy. Its a small electret condenser, most likely compressed within an inch of its life. Probably not something that you want to use for a lengthy conversation, but certainly good enough to tell the guitar player to tune up.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by jacobshah on Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:13 pm
I sent you a PM, Matthew. Thanks again, man!

I'm really hoping you're right.

Would the talkback mic be the biggest issue you've had with it so far?
How is the integration with Studio One? And the iPad app (Surface)? Was it usable?
by matthewgorman on Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:39 pm
Integration with studio one is cool. I have external speaker mgmnt, so i dont use that part. Fat channel integration works really well, as does the remote preamp control. I am doing more mixing these days, so I havent played with the recording functions too much as of late.

I wouldnt even call the talkback an issue. It is what it is. Does the job for me. As far as the uc surface app, i rarely ever touch it. With everything controlled via S1, theres no need for it. Its easy enough to use. I use it alot mixing live with the RM.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by jasoncogswell on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:01 pm
jacobshah wroteThanks for the input, Jason!

I haven't had any luck with tech support. I opened a ticket and it's taking them two days to respond? Tried calling the number and couldn't land in the right department.

I haven't found a solution yet, but it is starting to seem like I have a defective unit, which worries me. I only upgrade my interface every 4 - 5 years, and I'm beginning to think that I made a mistake by swapping my Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 for the 192. I hope I'm wrong, but I've been less than impressed so far. :(

How's your new unit working out for you so far?

Sorry, I'm not getting.any notifications on here, so I never saw your repl til now . I've been unable to work in the studio for days, so I haven't used it too much but so far so good, no sign of noise and the tb is also definitely quieter than the original.

S1 3 PRO 64bit, Win 10 64bit on dell xps8900 i7 16gb, Glyph studio raid 6tb Sceptre S8 monitors, temblor t10 sub, Faderport Studio 192 + 2 dp88's, 2 Warm WA-412's
by mattcaprio on Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:18 am
Hello Jason. I spoke with the support team and one of them should creating you a ticket and contacting you shortly.
by davidramey01 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:00 pm
Hey guys! I'm having that same issue on the 192 of crackling and popping when I'm using the instruments in Studio one v3. As I'm using my keyboard to play these instruments, it's not only as I play them, it's also as I record them and on the playback. Tried moving around the buffers but nothing seems to help. the lower I go on buffer size, the worse it gets. The higher I go, very bad latency issues and still crackling and popping sounds. Any advice?
by donalddando on Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:31 am
I'm getting the same exact issue of popping and crackling; but it only happens on my second adat in port. I'm fairly sure it's not either of my DP88 units, as both have zero crackling and popping when plugged into the first adat port. I also know it's not the fiber as all the fiber cables work flawlessly on the first adat port. I also have updated the firmware with luck. I am at a loss here... It's been 5 days without a response from Presonus on my support ticket. Help.
by Jessa on Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:10 am
Went through all this a few months back, ended up downloading latest chipset drivers for my MB and got a separate PCI USB3 card for my PC which has 4 USB3 ports but I only have the 192 plugged into the card, nothing else. This fixed all my crackling/popping issues..

14 posts
Page 1 of 1