Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
11 posts
Page 1 of 1
I just unboxed a new Studio 192 and the Power Button stays solid red, no blinking. The device is not detected by the computer when connected via USB. I tested this on three computers.

The manual doesn't say what solid red means. Has anyone else experienced a solid red power button?
by jpettit on Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:46 pm
It means the USB driver is not loaded.
Did you install Universal Controller software and driver on the computers?
Do you have another USB cable to try to see if it is a bad cable?
Do you know if it is USB3 or USB2?

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by jaronmcdaniel on Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:18 pm
I did install "PreSonus_UCSurface_v1.5.1.38092.exe" which appeared to include the drivers. I did try different cables and various USB ports. I only have the USB 3.0 cable provided, so the other cables were USB 2.0. The main computer is new and has USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports which I have tested with other USB 2.0 and 3.0 devices. None of the computers I tested with make the "dung dung" sound when the 192 is plugged in, even without drivers that event should always occur? I even went as far to plug in into a linux box and performed a "lsusb" before and after, the list is the same. No new USB devices are detected when the 192 is inserted. It appears it doesn't perform USB enumeration?

Where did you see that a solid red means the USB driver is lot loaded? This is all the information I could find about the indicator.

From the manual:

• Blue. When this light is blue, your Studio 192-series interface is correctly synced via USB, word clock, ADAT, or S/PDIF

• Flashing red and blue. When this light flashes between blue and red, your Studio 192-series interface is either not synced to your computer or its external clock source is not present.
by jpettit on Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:05 pm
Have you contacted support it sounds like he may have a bad unit.

Just speculating on the red as if it gave up on the sync.

SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by matthewgorman on Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:19 am
external clock source is not present

What do you have the clock set for on the UCS Launch screen? Should be set to internal if you do not have any other device managing world clock.

Also, there is a new public beta release in the 192 beta forum. You may want to give that a shot.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by jaronmcdaniel on Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:47 am
Unfortunately without the computer recognizing the USB connection, UCS does not see the 192 preventing me from reviewing / changing any settings.

Unless somehow I can change the clock setting from the device itself without using UCS? If not, I am probably going to return this unit to the distributor. The USB port appears inoperable out of the box.

Thank you everybody for your support!

Edit:

I did open a ticket, hopefully it's something stupid.
by jpettit on Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:20 am
Bummer and thanks Matt for the definition of solid red.
You would hope that there is some three finger button hold while powering on that causes a factory reset.

by matthewgorman on Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:28 am
One last thing to try. Uninstall UCS, and reinstall with anti virus off. I have never had to do that, but on the last release it was an issue for me.

FWIW, the new public beta has an uninstaller cooked in for removing UC Surface. It may help to install that, and with AV turned off.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by philangus on Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:31 am
If you go to control panel and devices, is there a device in there with a yellow exclamation mark? It could be that something has got stuck. I had some initial issues getting it to be recognised, but once it is it works reliably. I had to also do a reboot after driver was installed even though it wasn't requested at the end of the installation process.

At this stage I would:

1) Uninstall the UC software
2) Remove any traces of files or directories if they are left behind.
3) Power off PC
4) Power on PC
5) Open devices in control panel and plug in 192 to see if anything appears. Do you see the whole screen refresh for example.
6) If nothing does, try a different USB port. Make absolutely sure the interface you are plugging in to is correct (USB3 or USB2). If it is USB3, make sure no USB2 devices are sharing the same interface. Do not use a HUB. If possible, unplug any other USB devices. At this stage what I did was to unplug everything except mouse and keyboard and made sure they were only using USB2 ports, whilst my 192 was definitely plugged in to a USB3. My PC is a Dell.
7) If something does appear, reinstall UC software and watch what happens to the device that appeared, and is it now named properly. then reboot the PC and hopefully it will go from red to blue.

PS I also noticed (this was with the 1818VSL so not sure about 192). Once the device is set up and the driver initialises correctly, if you plug it in to a different PC and install for that PC, when you return it to the other PC it needs reinstalling. It will simply no longer initialise to that PC again unless it is de-installed and reinstalled.
by ADAM PHILLIPS on Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:40 pm
I had to uninstall studio 4 artist and use my old version studio one artist and it synced i quess there working out the bugs
by byronparsons on Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:54 am
I don’t want to act like I got all the answers but I too have the same problem with my 192... However, I know without a doubt that all drivers and versions are updated and running correctly... The problem lies within the unit itself, which requires some minor repair (if you know how to solder). More than likely, there is a capacitor that is blown and is no longer allowing continuity within the units circuit board... Check for capacitors that are bulging on top and discolored... Your Welcome!!! 😉😉😉

11 posts
Page 1 of 1