Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello!
My Studio 192 has arrived yesterday and I immediately started testing it. Unfortunately the first test using it with GTR 3 failed. I felt the latency so I checked it. Over 10ms RTL at 64 samples buffer. At 128 nearly 18 ms.
I thought the latency would be better with USB 3. For me this is a no go and I'm thinking about sending it back. Will future Updates improve the latency?? Zero latency function is useless with software synths and amp Sims..
by rokko101 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:23 pm
It's well documented that the Studio 192 isn't the best when it comes to latency. Check Sound on Sound review.

USB3 makes no difference apparently.
Last edited by rokko101 on Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MacOS 12.6, Mac Pro 2012 Xeon 3.06Ghz 24Gb RAM, Mac Mini 2012 i7, Studio One v.6 , Presonus Studio 192, AudioBox iOne.
by valentinlffelad on Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:46 am
Well then I will maybe stay with my Audient ID22....
Any major software update for latency improvement?
by glenntolliver on Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:38 am
I had the same experience when I Hooked up the 192. The latency reported by Sonar platinum was 24ms round trip.. twice what my Motu 2408mk3 is. Pretty disapointing for sure.
Sort of misleading when you plug it in via USB 2.0 and the surface software pops up an alert and says you will have better speeds with super fast USB 3.0... Uhhh yeah! (I have the 192 going out via Optical into my 2408 to get the better PCIe latency)

Hopefully they can work some magic in future software/Firmware updates! The 192 does have some very nice features.
by kevindeleon on Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:12 pm
Anyone have any idea if this was addressed? Sweetwater has the Mobile on sale now, and I'd love to pick it up. Everything I do would be ITB except for drums (which I use a FSP for) and vocals which would be fine with the zero latency monitoring...but I worry about tracking bass guitars and and guitars using VST amp sims and running into latency issues.
by MikeGoodwin on Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:47 pm
It is very strange but I am getting what looks like terrible numbers but in use it seems fine. I don't know is going on to be honest. When I am in "low latency" mode it is reporting a round trip of over 14ms but I am not feeling anything when running though amplitude. I can't feel any difference when dropping it down to minimum. When I am in standard mode I can feel a very slight latency but it is reporting 24ms. I should be feeling pretty major latency and it is very slight. I don't get it. I hate that it seems wrong but I love that it is working.

:?:
by michaelkothe on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:36 pm
I too have had bad issues with the amp sims and virtual synths. So far Presonus support has pointed the finger at the sims or DAW used. Their initial default response was to switch to a USB 2 cable which I haven't seen a difference yet. Also tweaking some settings to see what I can do to fix or break it and step back to analyze. I'll keep you updated.

Computer
ASUS G11CD-US008T Gaming PC with Intel Core
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-6700 - Chipset: Intel® H110
Graphic: NVIDIA GTX960 2GB DDR5 - Memory: DDR4 2133MHz 8G
USB: 2X 3.1, 4X 3.0, 4X 2.0 - Storage: 1TB SATA hard drive (7200rpmRPM)(8GB SSD Hybrid)
Application(DAW): SONAR PLATINUM - Version (Most current update)
Audio Interfaces
PreSonus Studio 192 Firmware 1.6-35 - Driver UC Surface v2.0.0.41902 for Windows
Focusrite: Scarlett 6i6 - Focusrite Control 2.1.5
by EagleAge on Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:20 am
I just retired my 16.0.2 classic console from Presonus and moved to the 192. Worst mistake I ever made. The 192 is pretty much worthless for my daily studio use, where the classic board with its 400 firewire took pretty much anything I threw at it. Shame, the 192 is so nice and has potential. But I cant use it for what I wanted.

8 posts
Page 1 of 1