Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Studio 192 /Studio One Signal Flow

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed.
Search the ONLINE MANUAL, Create a SUPPORT TICKET and or Post Issue.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS:Win 10 64-bit, 12 Core i7: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 40" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24, Quantum, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6,Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro 4.0, Reaper 5.9, Sonar Platinum
by jpettit on Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:31 pm
Added valid buffer to safe mode chart

Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

SPECS:Win 10 64-bit, 12 Core i7: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 40" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24, Quantum, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6,Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro 4.0, Reaper 5.9, Sonar Platinum
by mconrad on Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:30 pm
This is great Jeff! Really good information and charts. Thanks!!
by TobyC on Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:46 am
Thank you for this.

I'm downsizing from a 16.4.2AI and considering the 192 for studio use.

I use Sonar and I'd like to know how many stereo return channels I can send to when mixing down from Sonar. On my elderly E-MU 1616M/PCIe I get 8 stereo pairs which show up in Sonar as outputs, and I see that the RME UFX and Focusrite Claret 8 Pre also both receive 2x8 incoming channels from DAW software. Can you please advise the equivalent number on the 192?

Many thanks and kind regards,

by matthewgorman on Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:23 pm
Simultaneous I/O up to 26 inputs / 32 outputs (8 x 14 at 192 kHz)

To get the full capacity mentioned, you would need additional preamps such as the DP88. The base 192 unit has 8 physical trs outs, in addition to the main out and 2 headphone outs.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor
StarTech EC13942 34mm Expresscard
S1Pro V2 , Melodyne Studio 4, Nomad Factory Studio Bundle, Waves , RM16, Studio 192, DP88, Faderport, Central Station Plus, Yamaha HS50 Monitors, Sceptre 6-8 Monitors, Temblor 10.
by jpettit on Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:41 pm
TobyC wroteThank you for this.
I use Sonar and I'd like to know how many stereo return channels I can send to when mixing down from Sonar.
On my elderly E-MU 1616M/PCIe I get 8 stereo pairs which show up in Sonar as outputs,
I see that the RME UFX
Focusrite Claret 8 Pre also both receive 2x8 incoming channels from DAW software.

Without an ADAT interface
1 main stereo
4 stereo lines outs
+
1 SPDIF Stereo

by TobyC on Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:33 pm
Thanks for this.

It's not the physical outs that I'm interested in, it's the links from the DAW back to the 192 for mixing. The above diagram suggests that only 8 channels are available in the 'StudioOne to Fat Channel' box and I'm currently getting 16 as showing available in Sonar to send to my E-MU 1616M (which is now unsupported and badly needs updating) or to the 16.4.2AI when I use this.

This is helpful as I can send 8 stereo busses from Sonar for mixing and then loopback the resulting mix with some external hardware FX back into a single track for recording a completed mix. I'd love to know whether the 192 can also receive 8 stereo busses from the software or whether it is limited to 4 stereo busses as indicated above.

by jpettit on Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:20 pm
I was wondering what your application is.
Not sure why you're going external when all of that is well taken care of these days in the box.

The answer is The same as the physical outs. Eight mono or four stereo + two mains + two for SPDIF.

Why are you not just using your board as the interface?

by TobyC on Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:07 am
Thank you very much for this.

Fundamentally I do mix 'in the box' it's just like I like to use a separate virtual mixing desk and record the final mix from that, via what some interfaces call 'loopback', i.e. without leaving the box at all. From this virtual desk I tend to use digital I/O to add in a very little of my preferred external Lexicon reverb. It seems to help bind the mix together. It also means I can make final subtle tweaks to the mix just from the (virtual) desk which seems to help. Finally, to my ears there is something subtle about this type of summing in separate hardware to the DAW, so I'm keen to hang onto that too.

So, are you saying that if I had a 192, Sonar would be able to send to a total of six stereo busses to that (maybe five if I was using the spdif for my Lexicon) and the combined mix from the 192 mixer could be routed back via its software as an input in Sonar to record the total summed mix?

Many thanks,
Toby

by emmanuelcross on Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:09 am
Well I was trying to set it up for my vocal so they can stand out more.

10 posts
Page 1 of 1