Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
So, I'm pretty excited about the Studio 192. It looks really good and I'm glad there are two headphone jacks in the front. I don't know, but I'm assuming it is possible to have a different mix for each headphone output (that's what my Steinberg UR44 does).

That would make this dual headphone output a perfect match for the Presonus HP60 headphone amplifier, which allows you to control the mix between two input sources for each headphone.

But there's a problem: If both units are in a rack, this requires running two cables from the front of the 192 around the side to the back of the rack.

This would be *much* cleaner if the 192 duplicated the headphone output jacks on the back of the unit. For the scenario I've just described, there would be no additional cables in the front, and no need to run cables around the side to the back of the rack.

Does anyone else see this as a real need?

This issue and the lack of MIDI has me wondering if this is the right unit for me.

UPDATE: I've been told that the 8 Line Outputs on the back of the unit are "fully assignable". I am not entirely sure what that entails but, if I am able to send monitor mixes to these outputs then that would meet my needs. It's still not clear to me if the two headphone outputs on the front can have different mixes, or if those different mixes could also be assigned to the Line Outputs on the back. Seems that we will have to wait until this level of detail is available.
Last edited by jonathanwood5 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jonathan Wood
Studio One 3 Professional
Studio 192
Windows 10, 64-Bit, 16GB
https://soundcloud.com/jonathanwood
by Karyn on Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:36 pm
If it works the same way as the FireStudio 2626 that it (almost) replaces...

Your DAW shows 4 stereo pairs of outputs, 1-2 are the main outs, 3-4, 5-6 and 7-8 can be used for alternate speakers or headphone sends (to your HP60). (plus all the pairs available on the digital outputs)
As for the headphone sockets on the front, the driver control panel will let you assign them (individually) to any stereo output pair.

So.. you could have your studio monitors + 3 stereo feeds (or 6 mono) to your HP60, AND the two headphone sockets on the front as independent outputs using 9-10 and 11-12 (the first four digital outputs)

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.
by PreSonuSales2 on Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:46 pm
Hi Jon,

The "fully assignable" nature of the line ouputs on the back of the Studio 192 means that you will be able to assign any of your input channels to them as an output. Using these line outputs, you have 4 stereo (or 8 mono) headphone mixes in addition to the two headphone outputs on the front of the unit (which should also be fully assignable.)

However, please note that I don't think you'll want to go from the headphone out jacks into the HP60. This sort of routing leaves you susceptible to things like double amplification and distortion.

This sort of connection use case should be outlined in the manual, once available. As Karyn mentioned, it is a similar connection setup to the FireStudio 2626. I believe there's actually a diagram documenting this setup in the HP60 manual.

But thank you for your suggestion! We'll keep this in mind as we continue development.

Inside Sales

*Please create a "signature" with your software and hardware specs to make it easier for us to help you... click HERE.

Home Setup: Studio 192 , Studio One Professional 3 (64 Bit), Eris E8s, Eris 4.5s, and Ceres 4.5s.
Office Setup: AudioBox 22VSL, Eris E5s, Studio One Professional 3 (64 Bit)

3 posts
Page 1 of 1