Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
I wonder why there is no AVB connection on the unit.
Would be nice if it could connect to one or more DP88 units with AVB

Motu 8PRE-ES, Motu B16, HPA 6, EMES Black tv HR,
Vmusic Pro DawRack X99-HEXA ( i7-6800K / 16Mb / SSD 500GB EVO 750
/ 2x HDD 1TB ) Windows 10 professional x64, Studio One 5 / Cakewalk SONAR Platinum(64)
by cristofe on Wed May 06, 2015 10:55 am
Yes, that would be nice but there are only so many features one can cram into a 1U piece of rack kit at that price point.....then there's the consideration of physical space. This is also Presonus' first venture into USB 3.0. Sometimes too many new features all at once can create a host of unforeseen problems down the road......the VSL series comes to mind. ;)

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by lowdbrent on Wed May 06, 2015 11:26 am
I don't know why AVB was not implemented first hand. But, I will say that implementing AVB is not simple. None of the manufacturers are implementing AVB the same way. AVB is not exactly used the same in every product. My money is on PreSonus offering a solution in the future, once there are more adopters. Again, I have no inside knowledge, merely making this speculation based on my experience and communication with other manufacturers about AVB.
by roblof on Wed May 06, 2015 11:33 am
lowdbrent wrotemerely making this speculation based on my experience and communication with other manufacturers about AVB.

Given the recent explosion of Dante enabled gear I'm starting to wonder if AVB is going to take off or just become a sidenote...? It also seems like aes67 is the new buzzword to some extent.

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by matthewgorman on Wed May 06, 2015 1:21 pm
Its possible that Dante and AVB can co-exist in the future, which would be my hope.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by roblof on Thu May 07, 2015 5:18 pm
matthewgorman wroteIts possible that Dante and AVB can co-exist in the future, which would be my hope.

Audinate changed their text some time ago stepping back a little and I have to say that the new text doesn't sound too good for some future avb update from them.

Does Audinate still intend to support AVB in the future?
Yes. Audinate intends to incorporate the AVB / AVnu standard as an option into some Dante products when there is a wide selection of both certified and tested endpoints, and high availability of network switches from multiple major vendors.

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by AdvancedSound on Fri May 08, 2015 9:02 pm
Agreed. The video part is practically non-existent from pro video equipment. It has taken about 6 years for AVB to happen and be included in audio products other than BIAMP. The video part of AVB is just now happening. Without video, it is really unnecessary and redundant. I think it is a big PITR. The idea of having to enter 16-digit code to route signal between supposed AVB compliant devices just makes DANTE look WAAAAAY more convenient and quicker to implement.

About the only place AVB has taken off is the automotive industry. Back up cameras, car to car communication, car computer systems, etc all used AVB.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1