Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
16 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have a problem. Few months ago purchased Studio 192 and Digimax DP88, because I have lots of guitar effects processors and keyboards to use in my home studio. Connected both of then using TOSLINK Optical cables and BNC cable, the same way as in the manual.
DP88 - connected a Digitech TSR-12 guitar effects processor in MIC INPUTS 1 and 2. Another Digitech processor in MIC INPUTS 3 and 4. Plugged my guitar in the first processor. Digimax DP88 starts blinking leds related to inputs 1 and 2. NO SOUND!!
UC Surface app, does not see DP88. There is no INPUTS coming from DP88.
It seems that both Studio 192 and DP88 are not matching each other.
Did check connections, replaced optical cables. Both units are syncronized, because the power leds are blue.
What's wrong?
Must I use a snake DB25 cable in Digimax to have my keyboards and guitar processors sending audio signal to Studio 192? I am not plugging my guitar directly into DP88.
I can play the same processors in MIC inputs in the Studio 192, and it works. I can hear and control the sound. Why this not happens in DP88?
Am I wrong?
I use Cubase. After recording audio tracks coming from Studio 192, it seems that all commands (volume level, etc.) must be done from Cubase, because UC Surface does not works.
Please, I did pay a lot of money in Presonus equipment, because I did finally have low latency now to play VSTs. I am really happy now, but there is something wrong with DP88 and Studio 192.
Thanks any help
by matthewgorman on Mon May 11, 2020 7:47 pm
What sample rate are you using. The 192/dp88 loses some functionality when using higher sample rates.

Fwiw, dont use the bnc connector. Its not needed. The units will sync via adat.

What is the clock set to on the front of the 192?

On mine, internal clock is off, and sync is via adat. All working as expected

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by henriquelang on Tue May 12, 2020 7:32 am
The sample rate is 44.1
UC Surface shows INTERNAL CLOCK
Studio 192 and DP88 user's guide show BNC connector plugged, as this connector as I understood should be used to sync clock in both units
By this way, both units shows blue led lights
by henriquelang on Tue May 12, 2020 7:38 am
Have a question.
If both units are syncronized by ADAT, should I see MIC inputs 1-8 in the UC sirface app, as ADAT Inputs or as Inputs 1-8 the same way as in Sutdio 192?
Actually, how many ADATS inputs must I see in the UC Surface.
I am not sure but I think I saw 25 or 26 ADAT Inputs.
All of then comes from Studio 192 or both units?
by matthewgorman on Tue May 12, 2020 10:16 am
The 192 is the "Head" unit, and will be the connection point for the DP88's.

The 192 will handle 26 inputs in total. 8 channels of analog via XLR plus L/R SPDIF, totalling 10. You can then chain via adat 2 more DP88's for another 16 channels. In UC, you have the option to show/hide adat inputs, but its all or nothing. So seeing 26 inputs is correct, however based on your hardware, you only have 18 physical inputs. In UC, the 192 will always be the first set of inputs.

BNC connections only transmit clocking. Adat transmits clocking AND audio. Start ruling out items. Disconnect the BNC, and make sure that the adat connections are correct on the back for input and output. Set the DP88 to external sync via adat, and 192 set to internal clock via UC.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by henriquelang on Tue May 12, 2020 3:50 pm
Did exactly what you suggested. Once again NO SOUND
I suspect now that my Studio 192 is deffective.
Take some pictures from behind both units and noticed that some OPTICAL PORTS are not lit (red color). Both units has the same problem.
Plugged one of my guitar effects processor in INPUT 6 from DP88. Played my guitar and DP88 show respective leds working, but NO SOUND. In the UC Surface nothing...
Hope I am wrong but I think both units are not working together because OPTICAL PORTS came deffective...

Attachments
Presonus-3.jpg
back of DP88 and Studio 192 Optical ports are not lit!
Presonus-2.jpg
Presonus-1.jpg
by matthewgorman on Fri May 15, 2020 12:05 pm
At this point, open a support ticket

Matt

S1Pro V5
by henriquelang on Fri May 15, 2020 3:42 pm
Yes
Did open a ticket but UNFORTUNATELY the support area did not reply to my questions a long time...
I am very upseted with PreSonus
by matthewgorman on Fri May 15, 2020 4:37 pm
Pm your ticket number to me

Matt

S1Pro V5
by henriquelang on Mon May 18, 2020 10:37 am
Did you receive my message with ticket number?
Thanks for you help.
Henrique Lang
by matthewgorman on Mon May 18, 2020 11:09 am
I did not get your PM, but I found your ticket and escalated.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by johnnygeib2 on Mon May 18, 2020 11:18 am
Also make sure you have the correct Light Pipe cables. There are 2 channel and 8 channel. The 2 channel are for regular stereo systems.

by ForumAdmin on Mon May 18, 2020 11:58 am
Your Studio 192 looks to be working correctly.

Lightpipe is an Optical Technology, since light can only travel in one direction, Output will show as a Red color. Input will not show any color because it is expecting a signal (in the form of light) from the cable that is being plugged into it.

If you look at your the cable coming OUT of the DP88 there should be a red light coming out of it, looking at your picture, I can see the cable that is unplugged is red on the end of it, which means the DP88 is outputting light.

Presonus-3-edited.jpg
Presonus-3-edited.jpg (29.52 KiB) Viewed 7216 times

Make sure your setup is wired with ADAT Cables going TO and FROM the DP88.
Make sure to use a Word Clock Cable for rock solid sync.

Studio 192 - DP88 - 48KHz.png

Once the setup is correct, then you have to go into your DAW and enable your additional inputs in your Studio I/O configuration to make sure those channels will appear and can be monitored in the DAW.

Regarding response from support, due to the current worldwide situation, a lot of music stores in your region are closed, everyone is coming to us for support, we ask that you be patient as we work through all those ahead of you so we can properly assist you with your issue.

The community is here to assist, hopefully this will help you along until support can respond to your ticket.
by henriquelang on Tue May 19, 2020 10:50 am
Alex
I appreciate very much all your help to fix my problem, but still there are some questions.
The setup you sent me is assumed to be used for TWO DIGIMAX DP88 connected to Studio 192.
I did read the DP88 user´s guide and connected DP88 OUT to Studio 192 IN AND DP88 IN to Studio 192 OUT
BNC cable (I don´t know if there is a specific world cock cable) I plugged as in the photo you sent me, BUT ONLY ONE.
SHOULD I connect 4 ADAT CABLES and TWO BNC Cables?
UC software does not see or recognize additional inputs coming from DP88
Tried Cubase 10.5 and Studio One 4 Artist version and both did not see additional inputs. Actually they see, but we can do nothing to activate then.
BNC cable used is Monster Cable
ADAT cables tried 6 different brands
Asked several peopple here if there is different ADAT CABLES in the market. Asked people that works with music production here and all of then told that cables are identicals...
So, regarding red light coming from ADAT oUT, yes, they are ok!
Strange that both Studio 192 and DP88 are syncronizing ok!
But, another question:
You can transmit SYNC signal and AUDIO signal from ADAT cables. But even so I still connected both units with BNC and ADAT cables. In the DP88 when I push external sync red ligt turns on, so DP88 is sync by ADAT. When I push external sync again, blue light comes now, so DP88 is now sync by BNC.
In the photo you sent me, must I suppose that ADAT cables are transmitting audio signal and BNC cable sync signal?
In the photo, red light is on, so I suspect that in this example DP88 is not using BNC to sync, as reg light indicates sync clock to ADAT.
It´s really complicated....
Is it possible that ADAT port in DP88 be defective?
Sorry for this long report. I really love Presonus. And I need DP88 to plug my instruments. And I am thinking to purchase another DP88, but I must figure out how to fix this first.
Thanls again
by scottfox2 on Wed May 25, 2022 5:46 pm
Alex,

Did you ever get your problem solved? I guess I should have scoured these forums before I bought a couple of DP88s. I figured that since they were designed to work together, that they would work...

Scott
Alienware 17 R4 Win 10 64bit 32GB RAM Intel Core i7-7820HK CPU @2.9ghz
Studio 192
#2 DP88

S1Pro V5
by matthewgorman on Tue May 31, 2022 9:21 am
scottfox2 wroteAlex,

Did you ever get your problem solved? I guess I should have scoured these forums before I bought a couple of DP88s. I figured that since they were designed to work together, that they would work...

They do. Post if you are having an issue. Best to start a new thread

Matt

S1Pro V5

16 posts
Page 1 of 1