Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Bought it from Guitar Center last week as an upgrade to my motu ultralite mk 3.... returned it today. The volume levels for line in signals was annoyingly low. The software integration on Windows 10 with Presonus Studio 3 crashed several times (yes I had the latest drivers, etc). Generally what I thought was going to be an upgrade was a considerable downgrade.
by clintrupp on Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:49 am
Man. Sorry you had trouble with your computer and had a bad experience trying to setup the 192. I haven't had one single issue with mine. Levels or any of the code, S13, UC Surface or S1 Remote. No GPFs or random hangs/locks. How much TSR/process overhead is your machine holding? It's been a very stable and trustworthy piece of gear for me. I use it about 3 times/week for tracking and once I got the hang of the DAW integration, I can't see where they have over claimed anything. Works as advertised. All of the issues I had with it were directly traced to the connection between the chair and the keyboard. Sounds great and works flawlessly with all of my DAW code.

Win 10 x64, Gigabyte Z170 GA-7 i7 6700k, 32GB DDR4 3000MHz , Gigabyte GTX 970, Water Cooled. 2 X SSD Samsung NVMe 950 Pro 512gb, 840D SSD, 3TB WDC, Studio One Pro V3.5, CS18Ai, Studio 192, E66 x2, E8 x 2, E5 x2, Temblor T10, Monitor Station V2, MPD218, MPD226, Cubase 9, Reaper 5, All iZotope plugs, Amplitube 4, Superior Drummer 3.0 (killer), EZ Drummer 2
by Robboman on Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:20 pm
clintrupp wroteMan. Sorry you had trouble with your computer and had a bad experience trying to setup the 192. I haven't had one single issue with mine. Levels or any of the code, S13, UC Surface or S1 Remote. No GPFs or random hangs/locks. How much TSR/process overhead is your machine holding? It's been a very stable and trustworthy piece of gear for me. I use it about 3 times/week for tracking and once I got the hang of the DAW integration, I can't see where they have over claimed anything. Works as advertised. All of the issues I had with it were directly traced to the connection between the chair and the keyboard. Sounds great and works flawlessly with all of my DAW code.

I resemble these remarks!

Mine has been rock solid and sounds great. Would buy again.
by phillwalker on Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:40 pm
I have finally worked out the Studio 192 input/output/cue mixes etc & am comfortable with it in my work. HOWEVER 95% of my condenser mikes cannot give sufficient input (max 1 light displayed on front channel) for recording. I am forced to use pre-amps which both limits the number of channels I can simultaneously record & does not let me capture a clean signal, e.g. if miking an amp

.Any suggestions rather than returning it?
by clintrupp on Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:57 pm
Hey Phil - What version of UC are you using? So if you plug, say a SM58 into IN 1 on the front and dial the PRE to 30-50db you can only see one light pinging on the 192 with very low input in S1? You mention 95% of your mics... You others that PRE/GAIN ok? Sounds like you are solid/comfortable with the I/O routing.

_S1.JPG

Win 10 x64, Gigabyte Z170 GA-7 i7 6700k, 32GB DDR4 3000MHz , Gigabyte GTX 970, Water Cooled. 2 X SSD Samsung NVMe 950 Pro 512gb, 840D SSD, 3TB WDC, Studio One Pro V3.5, CS18Ai, Studio 192, E66 x2, E8 x 2, E5 x2, Temblor T10, Monitor Station V2, MPD218, MPD226, Cubase 9, Reaper 5, All iZotope plugs, Amplitube 4, Superior Drummer 3.0 (killer), EZ Drummer 2

5 posts
Page 1 of 1