Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have Pro Tools 12 and a PreSonus Studio 192 interface. For the first month of having them both, they worked completely fine together, and all of a sudden, now I am getting,

"ASIO device properties have been changed by the device control panel. Pro Tools must be restarted for these changes to take effect. Please restart Pro Tools."

...once I load up a session. So I close the software and reopen it to again see the same notification before even getting to the Project window, followed by,

"Could not create a new document because Access violation occurred, unable to read location: 0x0000000000000008."

I will then quit and restart the software, and it still brings me to that same error every time. I basically can't work anymore. I try switching my interface parameters in the UC AI before starting Pro Tools from 44.1khz to 48khz, 256-1024 Sample Rate. And still nothing. OCCASSIONALLY will it work out of the blue, but once I switch to another session, the errors start all over.

What happened? Something on Pro Tool's end or possibly my PreSonus interface? Everything is up to date concerning software and firmware. Maybe it's just me missing something now? But before when I had the Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6, I never had this problem. Please help if anyone knows the issue here. Powering my interface on and off, restarting my computer, and reconnecting the USB 3.0 cables do not seem to do much justice. Neither does uninstalling and reinstalling both Pro Tools 12 and the PreSonus Studio 192 driver.
by dereksithidej on Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:31 pm
Never mind. I switched USB 3.0 ports and things started to work fine.
Now I'm just getting, "Pro Tools could not initialize the Studio 192 ASIO. Please make sure that the device has been configured correctly." and then it takes forever for the session to close properly. If I open up task manager and force quit, then the same pop up error will show again after restarting and loading the same session in Pro Tools. If I do wait for the session to completely close out, then loading up the same session then starts to work oddly. It's just the time to close out the first time is ridiculously long...

2 posts
Page 1 of 1