A place to share your Notion files
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
<whew>

After about two years of midnight peanut butter and jelly sessions with an EWI and headphones, I've gotten a playable note final saxophone quartet of Cult of Personality.

Here's the un-refined Notion output...

https://soundcloud.com/topherbrowne/cult-of-personality-test/s-jujdU

I would love to get drums on this but I just don't have the drum knowledge to pull this off.

Any volunteers? PM me!
by sirmonkey on Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:21 pm
Wow- So cool. This is still one of my favorite songs. And I wondered what a sax quartet
version could possibly sound like. I tried to imagine first, before listening, but I really couldn't.

Great take on the song with such different instrumentation and style.
It really speaks to me.
The mood of the song really comes across to me in a deep way, especially during some of
minor chord passages.
I'll PM you on the drum part in a minute here...

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by TopherBrowne on Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:37 pm
[quote="sirmonkey"Great take on the song with such different instrumentation and style.
It really speaks to me.
The mood of the song really comes across to me in a deep way, especially during some of
minor chord passages.
I'll PM you on the drum part in a minute here...[/quote]

I'm happy that it speaks to you! It's a tune I've always loved and always thought would do well as a quartet.

If you think you can do the drums justice, I can get the Notion file to you. I'll wait for your PM.
by sirmonkey on Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:57 pm
Topher,
I put something together in Jamstix and tried to send it to you a while back. Did you ever get it?

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by themaartian on Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:17 am
All I get from SoundCloud is "track not found."

Intel i7 3.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB HD Win10 Home 64-bit PreSonus AudioBox 44VSL
Studio One 5 Pro NotionMelodyne 5 Studio SpectraLayers Pro 7 Guitar Pro 7
PreSonus FaderPort Nektar P6 M-Audio BX8 D2 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro
NI K9U XLN AK, AD2 AAS VS, GS, VA, EP, CP, OD Toontrack SD3, EZkeys, EZbass

5 posts
Page 1 of 1