A place to share your Notion files
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Here's a recording made with the new Synchron Player and Synchron Strings from VSL. Recorded directly in Notion 6.

phpBB [audio]

The recording needs some work, but it's not bad for out of the box.

iMac (Retina 5K 27", 2019) 3.6 ghz I9 8-core 64 gb RAM Fusion Drive
with small AOC monitor for additional display
macOS Ventura 13.4
2 - 500 gb + 2 - 1 tb external SSD for sample libraries
M Audio AirHub audio interface
Nektar Panorama P1 control surface
Nektar Impact 49-key MIDI keyboard
Focal CMS40 near-field monitors
JBL LSR310S subwoofer
Notion 6 + Studio One 5 Pro

http://www.tensivity.com
by Rudi_UK on Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:54 pm
Another beautifully executed piece. I particularly enjoyed the tone of the instruments and the extremely dynamic nature of the piece. Once again there is a sense of exquisite attention to detail that complements the musical intent. I love the contrapuntal play and solid sense of stereo placement. My only tiny criticism is that the first violins sounded a tad high on my system during the first minute or so... but that is a very subjective topic.
Well done!
by michaelmyers1 on Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:15 pm
Rudi_UK wroteAnother beautifully executed piece. I particularly enjoyed the tone of the instruments and the extremely dynamic nature of the piece. Once again there is a sense of exquisite attention to detail that complements the musical intent. I love the contrapuntal play and solid sense of stereo placement. My only tiny criticism is that the first violins sounded a tad high on my system during the first minute or so... but that is a very subjective topic.
Well done!

Rudy thanks again for listening!

I'm not happy with this piece at all yet, mostly it's the Synchron Strings I think. Maybe I haven't taken the time yet to really learn how they behave, but I don't like the attacks.

Since recording this piece I've taken to putting EQ on my first and second violins to take the shine off them. I read somewhere that a user thought that most string libraries are recorded with violins that are far too shiny, and listening to some of my recordings in reference to my favorite
"real" performances I have to agree. There's something about the sampling process that seems to emphasize the high frequencies. I also prefer violins naturally with more wood to them and less string, so you're right, it is a matter of taste. I also sometime boost the 250 hz range slightly for more of the wood body sound.

iMac (Retina 5K 27", 2019) 3.6 ghz I9 8-core 64 gb RAM Fusion Drive
with small AOC monitor for additional display
macOS Ventura 13.4
2 - 500 gb + 2 - 1 tb external SSD for sample libraries
M Audio AirHub audio interface
Nektar Panorama P1 control surface
Nektar Impact 49-key MIDI keyboard
Focal CMS40 near-field monitors
JBL LSR310S subwoofer
Notion 6 + Studio One 5 Pro

http://www.tensivity.com

3 posts