A place to share your Notion files
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I decided to try my hand at a classic "superhero" theme.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks for listening. :-)

phpBB [audio]

Currently using Notion 4 on a 2008 Mac Pro (desktop - OS X 10.9.2, 32GB RAM) and 2010 MacBook Pro (OS X 10.9.1).
by michaelmyers1 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:08 pm
Very nice work! Certainly captures the genre.

Mixes are sounding more polished as well. I like the subtlety of the voices in this piece. They're nice support, not too in-your-face.

Michael

iMac (Retina 5K 27", 2019) 3.6 ghz I9 8-core 64 gb RAM Fusion Drive
with small AOC monitor for additional display
macOS Sonoma 14.4
2 - 500 gb + 2 - 1 tb external SSD for sample libraries
M Audio AirHub audio interface
Nektar Panorama P1 control surface
Nektar Impact 49-key MIDI keyboard
Focal CMS40 near-field monitors
JBL LSR310S subwoofer
Notion 6/Notion Mobile + Studio One 6 Pro

http://www.tensivity.com
by jasonchildress on Fri May 08, 2015 2:40 am
Thanks Michael! I appreciate the feedback.

Currently using Notion 4 on a 2008 Mac Pro (desktop - OS X 10.9.2, 32GB RAM) and 2010 MacBook Pro (OS X 10.9.1).
by luciustoletum on Sun May 17, 2015 3:13 am
Impressive!!! I'd like to know what instruments you used here. I'm not confident in the Notion ones to do this :S
by jasonchildress on Wed May 20, 2015 10:50 pm
luciustoletum wroteImpressive!!! I'd like to know what instruments you used here. I'm not confident in the Notion ones to do this :S

You mean which instrument libraries, in addition to Notion's own sounds?

The answer to that question is Kontakt 5 (for various brass, strings, and percussion) and Olympic Elements (for the choirs).

Although I do feel that Notion has exceptional "out-of-the-box" sounds compared to Finale, most of the Notion sounds are nonetheless inferior to the sounds you can get from instrument libraries.

That's one of my problems: my libraries are still pretty low-end. I need to upgrade them, but that takes time, because good libraries are expensive.

My other weakness is that I don't use a DAW: I use only Notion's built-in mixer, which is far too rudimentary for the kinds of complex orchestrations I'm doing. So I need to start using a DAW.....

5 posts
Page 1 of 1