StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
18 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

We ordered an RM32AI, which hasn't come in yet. We already have a 27" touch screen computer with the latest version of Universal Control AI installed.

How can we go about configuring our show ahead of time, so we can be prepared for the arrival of the RM32AI?

Does this box have to be physically connected to the computer to do so? :geek:
by dougwatson on Wed May 27, 2015 1:11 pm
With the current version of UC, you can NOT do any RM configuration without being connected to the RM (either by WiFi, ethernet or FireWire.) Sorry. In Demo mode, you can see how most of the features work, but you can not save anything that you could later "restore" to a new RM...

StudioLive 24.4.2 StudioLive RM32AI MacBookPro OSX 10.8.5 Mac Mini OSX 10.9.5 (In Rack Case with the RM)
by mondinga on Wed May 27, 2015 1:17 pm
Hopefully that will change at some point. I am sure one could see how an offline editor would be beneficial.

Thank you for your quick response.
by benhohenstein on Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:36 pm
This feature is at the absolute top of my wish list for the RM's!

My RM32AI lives in my trailer with the rest of my PA and dragging out the amp rack that it's in just to setup input names and other preliminary adjustments is a hassle, so I don't do it.

Coming from my O1V96VCM, I used Yamaha's offline edit a lot in preparation for a show.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm Ben, a freelance audio engineer specializing in Live Sound and Location Recording in Milwaukee, WI
http://www.StudiotoGo.com
by bitonwalstra on Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:27 pm
benhohenstein wroteThis feature is at the absolute top of my wish list for the RM's!

Coming from my O1V96VCM, I used Yamaha's offline edit a lot in preparation for a show.

same with the Roland v-mixer series; a very useful feature to be able to prepare your show on a laptop while traveling to your next gig

Micro PA;
Apple; MacBook Pro 13", Mid 2010, 8Gb RAM, 500Gb SSD, OS X latest version
Apple; iPad 3, 16Gb, iOS latest version
Asus; S300C Notebook PC, 4Gb RAM, 250Gb HD, Windows 8.1
Studio One; v2, Artist
StudioLive; 16.4.2 (sold)
StudioLive; RM16Ai (returned)
Behringer; X32 Producer (sold)
Behringer; XR18 (ordered)
Electro Voice; ZXA1
Heil Sound; PR22, Handi Mic
Lag; 1984 RockLine Bass
by screamU2sleep on Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:50 am
These guys (Presonus) aint no dummies, it will happen. I hope in the next firmware update, along with a few other big things...

Rack mount Win7 64bit, liquid cooled i7 2600k @4.4Ghz 16 gigs of ram @ 1600, StudioOne V3
RM16ai, Crown XLS1500's/2000's, DBX PA+, JBL MRX525's/528's/512m's,
Shure - PGXD2 wireless w/Beta58, Beta 91A/98's, SM58's, SM57's, SM7b, 545's - RODE NT1a, Audix i5/F90's/OM2's Sennheiser - 609/HD380 Pro's, Monster Power Pro 3500 x2
by stingray1122 on Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:18 pm
It won't be in the next update but it is on the list.

RayT
Sr Product Manager
PreSonus
by mondinga on Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:00 pm
We are really antsy for the next firmware update. (:

Infocomm is next week. Hmmmmm?
by stingray1122 on Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:52 pm
The next update (1.3) release candidate is going to Beta this weekend. We're REALLY close :)

RayT
Sr Product Manager
PreSonus
by mondinga on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:26 pm
Tic Toc...
by anthonyhodge on Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:20 pm
Just checking to see if any progress has been made on the offline editor. Sure would be nice to be able to set up a show, at least partially, before showing up onsite.
by Karyn on Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:53 pm
Give it time, it's only been 2 years since Ray said it was on the list...

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.
by jashinrodriguez on Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:19 am
It's funny how a product can go from Beta to Legacy without never reach it's "promised" state...
by Karyn on Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:28 pm
Yeah, hilarious :)

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.
by wahlerstudios on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:09 am
The request for an offline editor is the fourth highest voted in the "answers" section with 105 up-votes today. The request was originally posted on December 5, 2015. On that day there were several requests transferred from this forum to "answers" as a consequence of the closing of the thread "Feature Requests", as it was announced by Ray Tantzen on December 1, 2015.

"The developers pay close attention to those that are voted on the most" is PreSonus standard reply for a feature request. I do believe they do pay attention, but the capacity of ignorance seems be equally developed.

:shock:
by matthewseymour on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:11 am
Having been burned numerous times I learned the lesson that unless a product does what I want now, it's no good for me. Don't make assumptions and absolutely do not ever believe the "coming soon" from developers. You have to be a bit binary about it. It either does what you want or it doesn't, there is no middle ground. If a vital feature is promised, then the product doesn't do what you want. Either don't buy it at all, or don't buy it until the promised feature actually arrives.
by kylebennett on Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:12 pm
We can add another 2 years to this post.
by MSM1992 on Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:41 pm
I’m a bit confused, that people are still waiting for this feature. It is totally possible to save and restore scenes in Universal Controls RM32ai demo mode. You can then recall those scenes on your real mixer, like i’ve done before with my RML32ai.

Has this feature been implemented in the meantime or am i missing something?

18 posts
Page 1 of 1