StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Been reworking our system and we'd like to expand it a bit. Can't seem to find an extra RM16ai sitting around anywhere but have a line on an RML16ai. Before we have it shipped up, just wanted to verify with someone that it is cascadable with the RM. Can't seem to find any info that says yes or no either way.

Appreciate the help in advance. Thank you!
by SwitchBack on Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:00 pm
Hi and welcome to this forum :)

AFAIK the only difference between the RM and RML models is the line inputs the latter have, which is purely analog circuitry without any influence on the digital part of the mixers. So they should cascade just fine.
by techwpg on Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:14 pm
Thank you!

Appreciate the input. I was pretty sure it is interchangeable, but really wanted a second opinion before I shipped it in and found out that NO they didn't really talk to each other.

We would be using the RML16ai for additional i/o in the booth. Any concerns I should have with the analog lines?
by SwitchBack on Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:35 pm
Not sure what you share under 'analog lines, but all mic and line inputs and outputs are balanced so balanced out - balanced in is the way to go, at least for the 'long distance' connections. But it's a good idea for the shorter links too. The RML gives you the line inputs you probably need in the booth for hooking up analog outboard gear. Line outputs to Mic inputs should be via DI boxes really. And I seriously dislike RCA inputs and always try to avoid those.
by michaelwalter on Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:20 pm
Maybe my reply is too late, but I run a RM32AI with a RML16AI, cascaded

PreSonus Studio One 6.1.1 Pro-64 Bit
Lenovo ThinkServer TS140, Win 10 64Bit, 28GB RAM, (4) SansDisk 480 SSD
Quad Core-3.20 Gigahertz Intel Xeon E3-1225, (1) SandDisk 240 SSD
Texas Instruments 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller, Firewire & Ethernet connection
RM32AI, RML16AI, FaderPort, Melodyne Celemony, JBridge, too many VSTs to list
SW5E AVB, iPad 4 x2, Netgear NightHawk AC1900 Router, Avid ElevenRack, ADAT Edit
Coleman LS3 Line Switcher, Goldpoint SA1X Stepped Volume Attenuator, pre Monitor switch
ATC SCM25A PROs 3-Way, Alesis Monitor Ones 2-Way, Avantone MixCubes 1-Way, ISO-PUCK 76's

5 posts
Page 1 of 1