StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
At the moment I have a RML16 in combination with a CS18. I plan to buy a second RM16 or RM32. I want to have one of the RMs on stage and the other at the FOH and cascade them via AVB. The RM at the FOH I also want to connect with a computer via Firewire 800 so that I can use S.M.A.A.R.T. at the FOH and use also some digital Inputs.

The question is now, can I route the digital Inputs also to the other RMs input channels?
For Example: The RM on stage has normally inputs 1-16, the RM at FOH, which is also connected to firewire, has 17-32. So the question is, if the digital inputs are only for the second rm with channels 17-32 or if I can also add the digital inputs to channel 1-16. (That would be nice, because then it would be possible for me to have all inputs on one layer at the CS 18)
I hope I explained the problem understandable. Otherwise just ask.
by wahlerstudios on Mon May 23, 2022 1:26 pm
You might want to watch THE video about this theme (link below). You didn't tell how you connect the CS18AI. The rack mixers can connect directly, but for connecting the CS18AI you will need an AVB Switch.

Somehow I remember something about Master and Slave and that the Master RM has to be located at FOH (for FireWire functionality), but I am not really sure anymore. It's too long ago. There is a lot of information available in the posts. Take the time to research and read. But honestly, why do want to spend money on an outdated system? If it does not work what you try to do, you won't get any help and you will waste a lot of time. If CS18 and RM16 work for you, do not touch this "running system".

And: Smaart will work only partly, if I remember it right. The AI rack mixers did not have the Smaart integration as the AI consoles had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5BiINY0eoM

2 posts
Page 1 of 1