StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Seems to be a daily occurrence of nonsense of one sort or another, costing gobs of time. Today's issue is that, unprovoked, the Master fader stopped having any effect on the signal level, either to the main outs or headphones. I shut down and restarted everything and got the main outs to respond to the Main fader, but the headphones still aren't effected. Phones Monitor/Phones Cue Source is where it's always been: set to "Main".

Would be nice to have an uneventful day, someday...

Thanks
by SwitchBack on Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:33 pm
The main fader never affected the headphone level, nor the control room outputs you were probably using for your speakers.
by caseycayce on Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:52 am
I'm not sure what you're referring to with "Control Room" outputs. My main outs previously fed into a small mixer that fed my main monitors and headphones. I've changed the setup so that my main outs on the 32R now feed the monitors direct, and my headphones are fed by the Headphones out on the 32R front panel. At first, the main outs weren't being effected by the Main fader, nor were the headphone levels, but after shutting down and restarting everything, I got control back of the main outs to the monitors, but not the headphones.

If the headphones aren't effected by the Main fader, why is there an option to assign them there? Where would I otherwise control headphones levels?
by SwitchBack on Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:45 am
Ah sure, no control room outputs on the RM mixers. So your speakers had to be on the main output XLRs. That makes it strange that the main fader didn’t control the output level. Software glitch?

As for the headphones they can give you the output signal but at an independent output level. The idea is that you can change the main output level without it changing your headphone level. The headphone output has its own level control on the front of the mixer.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1