StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I’ve put in a Kemper guitar system and am setting up a re-amping scenario where I need to assign separate stereo sends back into the 32R from Pro Tools. These are assigned to outputs 29 & 30 in Pro Tools, showing up as expected in the 32R on those same channels. I want to have outputs 15 & 16 on the 32R feeding back into my Kemper, so I went in to assign Aux channels 15 & 16 to receive from channels 29 & 30 of the mixer. What I found is that all of my Aux channels, when the input fader is set to 0, are receiving a noise signal from somewhere, which is going to trash the re-amp signal feeding through Aux 15 & 16 to outputs 15 & 16 back into the Kemper. These noise/signals being received are unaffected by input assignments.

In the attached image, all 16 Aux channels are set to to receive on input 64, basically a non-input, yet they all show the same level of signal being received. The strip meter for 16 shows the strength of that signal. I need to know where this noise is coming from and how to eliminate it.

Thanks.

Cayce

Attachments
meters-settings.png
by wahlerstudios on Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:00 am
The screenshot shows that aux input source is "mixer" ("Analog"), which means that the signals come from the mixer and that AVB and USB signals are simply ignored.

If I understand it right you are sending two recorded tracks 29+30 via USB to the mixer channels 29+30 and raise fader 29 in aux 15 and fader 30 in aux 16 to use the flex mix outputs for sending the signals "back" to the Kemper. The rack mixer's output are balanced, so it might make sense to change cables (use unbalanced cables like normal guitar cords or patch cables).

The signal arriving in all aux mixes can also indicate some kind of loop or some signal coming to the aux mixes via the raised faders (FX returns and talkback). You can only find it out by following the signal chain from start (Pro Tools).

Hope this helps.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1