StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have started using my RM16 in a live situation again, after not using it for a long time. I upgraded the Firmware to the latest V 13731. I installed the UC app V 13731.
UC surface starts and then disappears after a few seconds.

I uninstalled UC surface and downloaded an older UC version, Ver 3.0051747.
It now works, but is very unresponsive and I can't do things like change the naming of the channels.

I am connecting a PC Laptop via FireWire as I need to use Capture.

Can anyone tell me the best combination of older Firmware Ver and UC App Ver that will work properly?

Win 10 Pro (64bit), 3.3Ghz Intel i9-7900X (10 Core), 32Gb RAM, Samsung SSD 960 Pro (NVMe), Samsung SSD 840, OCZ Vertex Plus, Hitachi 3TB HD, Presonus Studio One Pro V3, Presonus StudioLive 32 Series III, Presonus R80s, Presonus E5s, Presonus Central Station, Softube Console 1, Presonus FaderPort.
by wahlerstudios on Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:45 am
It's difficult to answer this question. Firmware 9244 is still handled as THE firmware version, so it might be worth trying if that works better. There is a beta test going on (for nearly 1.5 years now...) and there is a link to a Facebook group. You can find the beta test section when you're logged in the Forums.

UC Surface (latest & greatest) should be fine. The problem is always the firmware, not UC Surface.
by mattbass on Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:32 am
Hi.
Thanks for that very useful information.
I have installed the Beta version 1.6.16489. and the latest UC app. Mixer seems to be working ok except for a couple of minor issues:
1. Doesn't link Stereo channels in the main mix.
2. Doesn't have the full compliment of Fat Channel presets that were there in the older firmware.

Is there anyway of getting my Fat Channel presets back? Even on the Local PC? Would I have to use the 9244 version?
Thanks.

Win 10 Pro (64bit), 3.3Ghz Intel i9-7900X (10 Core), 32Gb RAM, Samsung SSD 960 Pro (NVMe), Samsung SSD 840, OCZ Vertex Plus, Hitachi 3TB HD, Presonus Studio One Pro V3, Presonus StudioLive 32 Series III, Presonus R80s, Presonus E5s, Presonus Central Station, Softube Console 1, Presonus FaderPort.
by wahlerstudios on Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:49 am
I don't know... ;-) There is a similar problem with the "grey" Series III mixers. A factory reset is needed to wake the presets up. They ARE installed, when the new firmware is installed, but they don*t show up. The "FX Reset" brings them back immediately.

If you need the presets, install the old firmware and copy the presets in UC Surface to "local", which is computer or tablet. Then install the new firmware again and copy the presets from Local to Mixer. This should work.

Can't say anything to stereo channels. Is there really no "trick" (workaround) to link channels?

4 posts
Page 1 of 1