StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have not been here for quite a while . I have not used my RM32AI in a long time either . I recently setup a new studio space and got everything hookup again . I was trying to relearn how things worked and I seen to remember when i would hit solo before all other channels would mute . I am not seeing this behavior now . I have searched the forum and saw something about making sure solo in place was on . I searched all the setting on my RM and can not fide anything labeled SIP . any help appreciated

Last year traded up my 3 firepod pod chain for a RM32AI. just added CS18AI And I am LOVING IT!. The Home Studio set up. Home built. Amd fx 8350 8 core 4400 Mhz liquid cooled. Asus M5A99X-EVO R2 MotherBoard, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix 1866mhz Ram, 120 GB Intel SSD , 1TB Seagate HDD, 4TB HGST NAS HDD, 500 GB Seagate HDD. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, SiiG DP FireWire 800 3 port PCIe card, tripple monitors 27 inch Asus Monitor / 2 24 Asus inch monitors , Studio one 3 pro, RM32Ai firewire to pc, QSC RMX 2450, RMX 1450, RMX 850. Furman RP-8D power conditioner. Audix Microphones. PDP Platinum Series Drums
by wahlerstudios on Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:56 pm
The "UC Surface Reference Manual" probably will answer your question. You can find the manual on the download page of your mixer.

https://www.presonus.com/products/Studi ... /downloads

9 The Settings Page
9.1.4.2 StudioLive AI-series RM/RML mixers
-> 9. Solo Mode (Defaults to Radio mode)
-> 13. Solo In Place On/Off Button
by seanbrown2 on Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:49 pm
wahlerstudios wroteThe "UC Surface Reference Manual" probably will answer your question. You can find the manual on the download page of your mixer.

https://www.presonus.com/products/Studi ... /downloads

9 The Settings Page
9.1.4.2 StudioLive AI-series RM/RML mixers
-> 9. Solo Mode (Defaults to Radio mode)
-> 13. Solo In Place On/Off Button

I am very or at least I feel was very educated on how my RM42 worked . I did reread the section you posted and even searched around a bit more . I guess the question I should ask is ......... Where is the SOLO IN PLACE button . I do remember there used to be one but I can no longer find it . has this feature been omitted. or has it moved .please see attached screen shot

Attachments
NO SLPpng.png

Last year traded up my 3 firepod pod chain for a RM32AI. just added CS18AI And I am LOVING IT!. The Home Studio set up. Home built. Amd fx 8350 8 core 4400 Mhz liquid cooled. Asus M5A99X-EVO R2 MotherBoard, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix 1866mhz Ram, 120 GB Intel SSD , 1TB Seagate HDD, 4TB HGST NAS HDD, 500 GB Seagate HDD. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, SiiG DP FireWire 800 3 port PCIe card, tripple monitors 27 inch Asus Monitor / 2 24 Asus inch monitors , Studio one 3 pro, RM32Ai firewire to pc, QSC RMX 2450, RMX 1450, RMX 850. Furman RP-8D power conditioner. Audix Microphones. PDP Platinum Series Drums
by seanbrown2 on Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:14 am
So after some searching through the functions of the CS18 I am fortunate to own . I found the SLP button . Though it is not present in the latest and FINAL RM Firmware updates . The SLP button is missing . I can not find it in UC Surface

by wahlerstudios on Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:01 am
Indeed, your screenshot shows something different than the screenshot of the UC Surface Manual. The "Solo in Place" button is gone...

It seems that you are using the "bad" firmware version, which has caused many problems (and was the reason why I went with Series III). The latest and greatest now is "CS18 MCU/HUI Firmware v1.6.16489" with a corresponding version for the RM32AI. There is a Facebook group for discussions. The Public Beta started in January 2020. I have no idea if the "Solo in Place" function has been found again...

viewforum.php?f=242

Attachments
SoloInPlace.jpg

5 posts
Page 1 of 1