StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have a 32R I use as a USB interface connected to my 15,1 laptop. If I set Configure Speakers in Audio MIDI Setup to anything other than channels 1 and 2, Studio One works fine, iTunes/Apple Music works fine, and Safari works fine. However, Apple Podcasts and Final Cut Pro both refuse to pass any audio. If the AMS speaker config is set to 1/2 they all work.

The conclusion I'm drawing from this Is that there are some Apple apps that conform their USB sends to AMS (Music, Safari) and some that have their output locked to USB 1/2 (Podcasts, FCPX). I wonder if there's a way to point the output of those two apps to different channels in the USB stream than 1/2? I'd like to reserve 1/2 for my own nefarious purposes.

Peter

MacBook Pro 15,1 2.3GHz
Ventura 13.5.2
Studio One 6.5.2
StudioLive 32R
Faderport 16
ATOM
by SwitchBack on Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:37 am
Apps that don’t follow the System Preferences > Sound settings and the Audio MIDI > Configure Speakers settings usually have their own audio config settings. I’m not using the apps you’re mentioning but that’s where I would be looking.
by peterbaird on Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:09 am
Unfortunately Apple Podcasts is very basic and seems to have no audio configuration ability in either Podcast Preferences or System Preferences. I'm going to dig a bit more in FCPX, but surprisingly that seems to be the case there as well.

Peter

MacBook Pro 15,1 2.3GHz
Ventura 13.5.2
Studio One 6.5.2
StudioLive 32R
Faderport 16
ATOM
by SwitchBack on Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:09 am
Between Soundflower and Mac’s Aggregate/Multi-Output Device options you may be able to construct a solution. Soundflower installs two virtual audio loopback interfaces. An Aggregate Device which includes the 2-channel Soundflower interface can make outputs come in on different inputs.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1