StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
265 postsPage 8 of 14
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14
As some others have requested:

Editable static IP address - wireless and Ethernet (including subnet, gateway, etc.)
    Subgroups (coming soon I think?)

StudioLive 16.4.2 and RM32AI, AudioBox 1818VSL, custom Windows PC (i5, 16GB DDR3, Crucial M4 SSDs in RAID1, FireWire 800, USB 3.0), Crown XTi 2000 (3), Crown XTi 4000 (2), Crown iTech 6000, Yorkville E215 tops, custom 2x18 subs (EV MTL2 clones), Antares AVP1, Digitech Vocalist VR, Shure SM7, Shure SM58s, SM57s, and a bunch of other stuff.

2002 Fender Geddy Lee Jazz bass
2001 Fender American Deluxe P/J bass
2001 Fender Jazz V (MIJ) active bass
???? Ovation acoustic bass
by davidkauffman on Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:42 pm
Command-click takes a fader down to infinity. Could Shift-command (or other key combo) please take it to zero db?
by mwright137 on Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:16 pm
davidkauffman wroteCommand-click takes a fader down to infinity. Could Shift-command (or other key combo) please take it to zero db?

Double-click should do that already.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by davesolemn on Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:58 pm
Hey all,
I'm a noob, so this may already be possible.

In UC surface on my iPad, it would be great to be able to control a main studio computer that is set up to record and running Capture. Save walking back into the control room to hit the record "button" when doing personal sessions.
by marcinordon on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:20 am
More FX like chorus, flanger etc
by dougwatson on Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:50 am
davesolemn wroteHey all,

In UC surface on my iPad, it would be great to be able to control a main studio computer that is set up to record and running Capture. Save walking back into the control room to hit the record "button" when doing personal sessions.

You can remote desktop to the computer from your iPad. Depends on what OS you have on the recording computer, but there are options available for both Mac and Win7 or Win8...

StudioLive 24.4.2 StudioLive RM32AI MacBookPro OSX 10.8.5 Mac Mini OSX 10.9.5 (In Rack Case with the RM)
by mwright137 on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:39 pm
davesolemn wroteHey all,

Might be on their radar, but definitely not part of UC Surface yet.

StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by curtismills on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:30 am
I'm coming from using a Mackie DL1608 to the RM32AI. After a few gigs, I'm glad I went with the Presonus over the DL32. Mackie does have interesting and helpful things going on that I would love to see the RM have and I'm sure if wouldnt be that difficult in the software. First, I like the way that Mackie has different colors for the AUX mixes. I can assign AUX 1 red, AUX 2 blue, AUX 3 white, ect and when I'm in the AUX making changes, the color alerts me that I am in an AUX and not on the main mixer anymore. I know the RM has the different colors on the faders (one for main and another color for AUX) and that is great, but other colors help me sort it out faster.

Another thing that I would find helpful is to able to insert an entire channel into a preset. Say, I have a similar band that I want to run and I need one more tom for the drum kit. Instead of setting up the entire console, I can "insert" a tom at the end of the drums and everything will shift right. Or being able to do the opposite and delete a channel and have everything shift left one channel to fill in the gap.

I think the other small gripes I had with the RM were stated above and it looks like they will be worked out in the new update. All in all, I'm really happy with the RM.
by dariuszplodzicki on Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:21 pm
Undo in UC AI
by mkahn18045 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:57 pm
Not necessarily a feature request, but how about a 16 channel breakout 1u rack with 16 additional channels via FireWire for those who purchased the rm16ai. Upgrade possibilities.
by curtismills on Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:24 pm
+1 for an "undo" button. Maybe one that will allow you to undo several steps back with each push of the button.
by matthewgorman on Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:26 pm
I can "insert" a tom at the end of the drums and everything will shift right. Or being able to do the opposite and delete a channel and have everything shift left one channel to fill in the gap.

I like this one. :+1

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by basmeijer on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:45 pm
matthewgorman wrote
I can "insert" a tom at the end of the drums and everything will shift right. Or being able to do the opposite and delete a channel and have everything shift left one channel to fill in the gap.

I think it is one of the essential things that I really look forward to see on this mixer. Sometimes when setting up a stage of a band that you do not know that many details of, it easily happens that some shifting is very welcome to tidy things up and not to have the extra channels all over the shop.
This way, so with the shifting option, you would not end up with mix setups with gaps or instruments totally on the other side of the channels that would better be close to each other. The "hard way" of manual shifting is mostly not possible because of the lack of time, not mentioning all the hassle making notes of many input gains, many fader settings, saving fat channel settings etc. etc.

If the RM and/or UC has some room left for this shifting functionality, yes please! :thumbup:
by matthewgorman on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:47 pm
basmeijer wrote
matthewgorman wrote

I think it is one of the essential things that I really look forward to see on this mixer. Sometimes when setting up a stage of a band that you do not know that many details of, it easily happens that some shifting is very welcome to tidy things up and not to have the extra channels all over the shop.
This way, so with the shifting option, you would not end up with mix setups with gaps or instruments totally on the other side of the channels that would better be close to each other. The "hard way" of manual shifting is mostly not possible because of the lack of time, not mentioning all the hassle making notes of many input gains, many fader settings, saving fat channel settings etc. etc.

If the RM and/or UC has some room left for this shifting functionality, yes please! :thumbup:

Admittedly, my OCD does not help the situation.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by basmeijer on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:59 pm
matthewgorman wroteAdmittedly, my OCD does not help the situation.
Yeah, sometimes it can drive me :x mad too that a lineup is not the same on the board. A little...
Anyway, I much more prefer shifting than re-patching. Not very good for the grey mass when troubleshooting on-stage cabling.
by mwright137 on Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:18 pm
matthewgorman wroteAdmittedly, my OCD does not help the situation.

Your OCD must not be too bad or you'd insist on spelling it CDO so they were in alphabetical order...

My Website
by dougwatson on Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:26 am
basmeijer wrote
matthewgorman wrote

I think this would fall in the general category of having control over where channels are displayed within UC Surface. When doing a small show when many less inputs than are available on the RM, it would nice to be able to hide the unused channels from general display while mixing. This way the operator would only see the channels that are actually in use for the performance and not have to scroll by a bunch of unused channels to get to "aux inputs" such as the effects, tape in , etc... Just my $0.02 worth!

StudioLive 24.4.2 StudioLive RM32AI MacBookPro OSX 10.8.5 Mac Mini OSX 10.9.5 (In Rack Case with the RM)
by basmeijer on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:08 pm
dougwatson wroteI think this would fall in the general category of having control over where channels are displayed within UC Surface. When doing a small show when many less inputs than are available on the RM, it would nice to be able to hide the unused channels from general display while mixing. This way the operator would only see the channels that are actually in use for the performance and not have to scroll by a bunch of unused channels to get to "aux inputs" such as the effects, tape in , etc... Just my $0.02 worth!

True! After I closed the computer I was thinking the same.
That would definitely fit together and make fully use of the powerful possibilities of a digital mixer.
Good to read that there are more people suggesting this.

Thanks for considering this feature, PreSonus, if you want to score with another great feature, this one will be guaranteed very effective.
by klarkkentster on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:34 pm
The ability to select the mono out for Smaart

Or have a low pass on an aux

Kent from Bremerton, Wa.

Studio 1 Artist, Ableton Live 9 Suite, Logic Pro, MainStage, Mac Mini, MBP 2012, MBP 2014
Studio Live 16.4.2, Rm16AI, QSC k12's, Ksub, Drive Rack PX, Voice Live 3, Taylor 414, Variax GTR
by bjmccaskil on Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:38 am
Would like the ability to limit remote permissions for control iPad or computer to "FOH Only" - protected from changes to Aux's or channel/preamp settings.

eg.

None
All
FOH Only
Auxes Only
Aux 1
Aux 2

Sometimes I like to hand management an iPad to control house volume or try a little FOH mixing themselves. But given that our band is entirely IEM I do not want to expose the musicians to such risk.

Other times I have a bad night and would like to protect them from the potential of my accidentally messing with their IEM mixes.

265 postsPage 8 of 14
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14