StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
265 postsPage 11 of 14
1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
It would be great to have a few multiband compressors to use, similar to how the graphic eqs are assignable
by drums.michael on Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:22 am
+1 for multiband comps

RM32AI
- MacBook Pro Retina i7 8gb
- 2U self built computer running MacOSX Mavericks (courtesy of tonymacx86.com) and Hannspree/Hanns-G Touchscreen (HT231HPG)

internals:
CPU: i7 4790K @4.0Ghz
RAM: 16GB 1866 DDR3
OS disk 128gb Samsung 840 SSD
storage: 2 2TB Seagate HDD 7200 rpm (2tb running RAID for speed plus 2x 1tb storage partitions)
Chenbro RM24100 Rackcase
CPU Cooler (due to height restrictions) Thermalright AXP-200 Muscle with offset Fan

UC Surface on Mac and iPad
Processing via Waves MultiRack & LiveProfessor2

My Homepage (still being built...)
by shaneboaden on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:23 pm
I would like to see presonus open up the routing inside the RM and AI mixers and give us the flexibility to route any channel anywhere on the board, and copy channels 1-16 to 17-32 to split the console up into two mixers, one set of 16 for foh mixing with one set of eq and the other 16 for in ears with seperate eq's again.
by shaneboaden on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:23 pm
Ability to disable GEQ's off any output, mainly the auxes as some people run iems and don't need a 31 band GEQ on every aux.

This would free up processing power and then add a virtual fx rack with plugin style fx like on the behringer x32 with various fx like multiband compressor, stereo enhancers, better vintage reverbs ad delays, chorus, flanger, amp simulator, pitch based fx, transient designer etc...

Being able to process mix busses and main/mono buses with enhancers and
Multiband compression would be awesome

The advantage to have these built in as an option would use the onboard dsp and would take away the average 4-5ms latency from using these types of plugins through studio one

I want to be able to put a multiband or stereo enhancer on my in ear mixes or foh but with the rm's current format in just isn't possible and if it was it would introduce an undesirable latency with vocalists and myself with drums.
by shaneboaden on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:26 pm
Safe shut down or log off mixer within UC Surface like other digital consoles.

By selecting to logo off from your mixer it performs a quick backup of the mixers state then displays test reading "it is now safe to shutdown mixer"

This would stop corrupting the auto save function which on the RM mixers has no indication like oa AI console it would flash the store button
by ronron3 on Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:47 am
I was wondering if a server function could be implemented in Universal Control... What I mean : I really want to use smaart on my tablet while running around in a venue , but my fiwi cable isn't long enough :( . What I've done for now is connect a pc with fiwi to the RM , run UC , then connect my tablet to the pc with teamviewer . Maybe when the fiwi UC runs as a server for other UC's I can leave the teamviewer part behind
by mcpav on Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:15 am
Please please please some effects that are not reverbs or delays......... Chorus,flangers,phasers,doubling, etc.
by interpose productions on Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:43 pm
I would kill for a simple copy and paste feature for channels that not only copies the fat channel but also the icons and names so that i can move channels. Right now the process includes saving channel presets but it doesn't save the icon or the name. There are two separate layers for the channels. I want to be able to assign the icon and channel setting and names at the same time without navigating through two separate menus. Just ONE simple copy and paste setting for individual channels. Thanks!
by epeterso on Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:35 pm
mcpav wrotePlease please please some effects that are not reverbs or delays......... Chorus,flangers,phasers,doubling, etc.

Would love to see a chorus or two, I could eliminate one more FX from my PA rack; always a good thing.

RM32AI using FW800 and a 25 foot cable, 24 bit 88.2 kHz.

Home built 4 GHz DAW i-7 3930K 32 GB RAM, Blu Ray burner, all SSD except for RAID drives, three 24" screens at mixing desk, fourth screen in the ISO Booth. This thing screams!

SONAR Platinum with Radikal SAC-2.2 surface, Waves Gold FX, Samplitude Pro X, Melodyne. Magix Video Pro X6, and Adobe Acrobat X Pro.

StudioLive 16.4.2 or X32 Rack for gigs Firewire connected to Sony VAIO all-in-wonder touch screen PC.
by drums.michael on Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:11 pm
I would like to have an alternative to groups filtering or the ability to turn off the "master fader" for the group.

When in groups you can't access the "Edit FX" button and also for me I had more situations where only hiding channels was more useful than creating a group.

When in a group I hate not having access to e.g. The Aux Masters or the FX edit, which makes the functionality a real pain when working with only a few channels at a time and needing to go in and out of group mode lots of times because of missing features. Loss of too much time and nerves...

In short: Please add an option to only hide channels, maybe even the ability to define View Groups.
Those could be added to the Scenes/Mutes Screen which has some space left to be populated.

Also when on main mix it would be most helpful if the Main Out Meter had an actual fader like when on an Aux/ FX or on a group. Don't get why that isn't already there. At least make a fader available when the Main Out on the far right is collapsed.

And while I'm at it, PLEASE make it so that when tapping the tiny EQ display above each fader one can manually enter a dB value the fader is going to be set on.
(Probably has already been requested, if so count this as a +1)

Also this concept of manually entering values would be great to pretty much all parameters that one can set in EQ, Dynamics and so on of each channel.

Speaking of EQ, is it possible to include a Low Pass Filter for (Aux) Outputs? Would help if for example a subwoofer is run through an Aux Output.

Another nice feature would be if all bands could be set to all frequencies and not just a predifined range. This might be a hardware limitation but if not, please add that functionality

Lastly may I request that one can choose if tapping on an EQ band turns that band off or not?
Also an option that double tapping will reset the gain to 0?
Would help a lot and make things faster and (at least to me) more intuitive.

Aplogies for the long post, don't get me wrong, your product is great and I love using it.

Thanks a lot for all you do, I know it ain't easy sometimes!

Cheers

Michael

RM32AI
- MacBook Pro Retina i7 8gb
- 2U self built computer running MacOSX Mavericks (courtesy of tonymacx86.com) and Hannspree/Hanns-G Touchscreen (HT231HPG)

internals:
CPU: i7 4790K @4.0Ghz
RAM: 16GB 1866 DDR3
OS disk 128gb Samsung 840 SSD
storage: 2 2TB Seagate HDD 7200 rpm (2tb running RAID for speed plus 2x 1tb storage partitions)
Chenbro RM24100 Rackcase
CPU Cooler (due to height restrictions) Thermalright AXP-200 Muscle with offset Fan

UC Surface on Mac and iPad
Processing via Waves MultiRack & LiveProfessor2

My Homepage (still being built...)
by kimolewis on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:34 pm
In addition to the great ideas thus far, I'll add my 2 cents:

- Please allow renaming the tabs for different mixers in UC Surface. I am using two RM32Ai mixers; one for FOH and the other for MON. I can't tell which is which when I switch between them using tabs in UC Surface. They both say "RM32Ai".
- Please allow an option of saving the gain on individual channel presets.
by ronron3 on Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:20 pm
I've worked with my rm32 last weekend , band consisted of 40 people jamming, constantly switching singers, guitars, drummers , etc.. Only thing that really bothered me was that my tablet ran out of juice after 5 hours of mixing...
Still I have some thoughts. Maybe it's useful when you touch the fx buttons the fx edit screen appears instead of the fx eq ( change fx eq button with fx edit button ) . Also I would like to have the tap buttons to flash in tempo
Last but not least : when I go to group masters, then to one of the filter dca's, then back to group masters I have to toggle the group master switch twice to turn it on again . Maybe a more logical combination of exit filter button and group master button will solve this .
by kimolewis on Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:55 pm
bjmccaskil wroteWould like the ability to limit remote permissions for control iPad or computer to "FOH Only" - protected from changes to Aux's or channel/preamp settings.

eg.

None
All
FOH Only
Auxes Only
Aux 1
Aux 2

Sometimes I like to hand management an iPad to control house volume or try a little FOH mixing themselves. But given that our band is entirely IEM I do not want to expose the musicians to such risk.

Other times I have a bad night and would like to protect them from the potential of my accidentally messing with their IEM mixes.

Additionally, please add permissions for FOH faders only to Q-mix. Some of the time, I don't want a "guest" engineer messing with my EQ, dynamics, and gain. They get confused with the UC Surface and lost, depending on their experience and comfort level. It would be nice at times just to give the "guest" engineer an iPod Touch with Q-mix installed and let them run FOH faders only.
by Chancellors on Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:15 am
+++1 on the multi-band compressor. Right now we'll have to keep using our outboard gear for this. The only way I can think of to make it work such that it can be tweaked during the gig is we'll have to run the main mix through a snake to the booth and back again to the amps. That kind of defeats the purpose of having all the audio on stage.
by Rickcutler01 on Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:52 pm
Can the Mute Button states be independent in scene recalls? Or have "Mute Safe" as an option upon saving a scene? I want to recall only Aux Mix Presets, but when I select that (or any other filter) for a scene recall, the mute states are recalled too. In my scenario, I prefer to mute some inputs at at different times, but when I want to switch (for a commercial break) I want to alter the Aux Mix without affecting the mutes.

Thanks for listening!
by bradendelarue on Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:28 pm
An obvious indication of whether a channel is muted due to a mute group would be great.

Other consoles solve this issue by having the mute button for the channel flash instead of staying steady, at the moment the UC mute groups feel cumbersome at times.

Gear List

RM32AI
CS18AI
Linksys Router
iPad Air 1
iPad Mini 1
2x Windows 8.1 Touchscreens
by Tomfremont on Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:10 am
hi guys, on the RM32ai, can we create an independent mixed group (DRUMS by example) and send and control its volume in an Aux ?
by ronron3 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:58 pm
Hi Tom
It's already there , it's called subgroup :)
by mikeroam on Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:25 pm
My main 2 requests are:

1) Channel color options
2) A "daylight" color scheme (outdoor use in bright sunlight is nearly impossible)

Mike Roam
Austin TX
by bubbaguth on Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:53 pm
1. UC Surface remembers the last screen configuration so you don't have configure your view preferences at each application launch.

2. On Ipad - allow the option for UC Surface to run in the background so it loads more quickly if you need to switch to another application and come back. Currently, It takes 10-20 seconds to load each time, and then the first thing I have to do is configure my view (#1).

These have been mentioned before:
- Please Please - Hide/collapse/expand channel view.
- Please Please - Insert and full copy paste of channels.

Especially working on iPad - the above two would make life so much easier.

RM32AI, RM16AI, CS18AI, SL16, 32R, NSB 16.8, 328AI, 18sAI
MOTO AVB and 5WSE Switch
NowSonic Stage Router Pro
Microsoft Surface Pro
Apple iPad Pro
Macbook Pro

265 postsPage 11 of 14
1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14