StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
265 postsPage 3 of 14
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14
bjmccaskil wroteI would like to see something very noticeable, perhaps flashing, when Aux or FX mixes are selected. When flying around trying to fix everything at once, it is so easy to mess up the FX or someones monitor settings by being in a hurry and forgetting to switch back to the Mains. I do it repeatedly (slow learner). The fader colour differences are good but not quite enough. Not to mention the problem faced by operators who are more seriously colour blind.

Just trying to help fine tune a generally great interface.

+1 on this.
by warlockscript on Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:38 pm
my simple request:

1. able to route effects to any channel(return)
2. able to route tape in to any channel
2. scribble on top not bottom, visual reason.
3. able to control directly with laptop/pc without the need of a router(hardware failure)
4. make a cross fade option for scene recall
5. individual channel pre/post setting for aux send
7. able to pair to any selected channel
8. gain pad?
9. able to insert vst plugins :mrgreen:
10. smaart integration
by Tonehenge on Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:52 pm
How about a DAW mode?

When I'm not using my RM32ai live, I love it in the studio. I would love my DAW's (in my case Reaper and S1) to be able to access all the physical outputs DIRECTLY, instead of being cludged through channel strips. This would be huge! I could then easily set up cue mixes directly in the DAW without taking away physical inputs from the RM32. C'mon! You can do it!
by seanbrown2 on Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:04 am
I have a couple request's
I would love to be able to enter a numerical value with keypad for for things with numerical values like preamps,eq, balance control ,high and low pass filters , and is it possible to make the low pass filter go down to say 40 hz

Last year traded up my 3 firepod pod chain for a RM32AI. just added CS18AI And I am LOVING IT!. The Home Studio set up. Home built. Amd fx 8350 8 core 4400 Mhz liquid cooled. Asus M5A99X-EVO R2 MotherBoard, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix 1866mhz Ram, 120 GB Intel SSD , 1TB Seagate HDD, 4TB HGST NAS HDD, 500 GB Seagate HDD. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, SiiG DP FireWire 800 3 port PCIe card, tripple monitors 27 inch Asus Monitor / 2 24 Asus inch monitors , Studio one 3 pro, RM32Ai firewire to pc, QSC RMX 2450, RMX 1450, RMX 850. Furman RP-8D power conditioner. Audix Microphones. PDP Platinum Series Drums
by bjmccaskil on Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:10 pm
FX's routed to Mains have to be tapped post fader in order to remain balanced with Mains, but then changes in Main mix mess up FX settings to the Aux mixes. It would be nice if the FX source for the Aux's could be set to follow the Aux source - Pre1, Pre2, or Post - independently of where FX to mains is sourced. I know this might be very difficult to accomplish. Just hoping.

Or it's possible that I'm missing something. It happens - a lot.
by paulalvarez on Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:45 am
My list of requests:

1. Offline editing as others have noted.
2. Improve copy mix feature to allow selection of certain channels vs. the entire mix. In some cases, we only want to copy the drum mix and channels into other Aux mixes but can only copy the entire mix.
3. Allow the inputting of numbers for any changes to function, for example, channel preamp setting, would like to click on that, have the edit window open and type in a number vs. having to move the slider to the level you want (by the way, difficult to hit a specific number). Could do this for ANY items such as fader, EQ's and all. Works this way when you want to edit the name of an Aux Mix by clicking on the window in the Settings tab.
4. For Copy Mix, it seems that you can copy the Main Mix to an Aux Mix but not the reverse. Would like to copy in either direction if needed.
5. If two channels are linked for stereo, current panning control only allows same amount of signal in L/R. Would like to control panning for L/R signal independently and allow for how much signal is going to each side.
Last edited by paulalvarez on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
by paulalvarez on Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:48 am
Earlier in this thread, I noted that some users are able to get firewire inputs to certain channels. Can someone explain how firewire input gets to UC Surface? Our drummer had thought about using a firewire audio interface to consolidate his electronic kit outputs. Would connecting that to the computer then send the 16 drum channels independently to the RM32ai?
by dougwatson on Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:34 pm
How about focusing on providing all of the functionality in UC-Surface that already existed in the old school and AI versions of Universal Control before going to crazy on other things? Specifically, give the RM mixers the same level of use in Capture as the other AI and non-AI mixers have (including sound check and capturing the RM's fat channel setup with a recording session); provide a working SMART interface???

If I were an existing owner of one of the SL xx.4.2-AI mixers and you replaced my old school universal control with just the functionality that's in the current UC Surface, I'd probably be a bit perturbed... I would not want to loose existing functionality just for the sake of the improved (I hope) UI experience...

Just a thought........

StudioLive 24.4.2 StudioLive RM32AI MacBookPro OSX 10.8.5 Mac Mini OSX 10.9.5 (In Rack Case with the RM)
by basmeijer on Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:50 pm
Multi iPad support

Ideally, a future UC for the iPad version should incorporate a different layout in each iPad when more than one iPad is connected, so when you have them next to each other you e.g. do not see a master section in both. And the Fat Channel is split. So 2/3 iPad's really could make one big and rich control screen. When the (eventual) iPad Pro is released 2 iPad Pro's could be the ideal size for that.

Presonus could then think about a kit that allows 2 iPad Pro's to be fit together and be placed under an viewing angle. I have found out that 45 degrees is a perfect average angle. The kit needs to be foldable, fitting a backpack and easy to setup. But also allowing to lock the iPads in an quickly take them out, one by one, if necessary. And a Kensington lock hole, to secure the unit to something with a cable lock, to provide piece of mind when moving away from the "console".

Note: I previously posted further feature request here https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=222&t=5230
by mkharvey11 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:38 pm
I just got this thing and am pretty new with it.

Is there a way to hide the automatic DCA groups? If so, tell me how. If not, that's a suggestion.

And is there a way to re-order the DCA groups in a custom list? If so, tell me how. If not, that's a suggestion too. That's my plan for studio use as a headphone console, iPads set to the group masters screen of each stereo aux.

Along with that, when using aux mixes in stereo, is there a way to make it automatically label the odd and even channels the same, maybe with a .L and .R attached, and when on cue mix on the iPhone, have it automatically add to that label - the odds as volume and the evens as pans?

And I like a lot of what I've been reading. Especially the one about iPad linking to create a nice long mega console with only 1 master section... that neatly stacks and stores easily when the show is over!
by bjmccaskil on Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:01 pm
About Qmix-AI:

I think it's a great little app, but when trying to support musicians who are already stressed out of their trees, and others disliking the technology in general and looking for any excuse to pitch the iPhone at me, there are a few improvements that would make our lives a little easier.

1. If there is only one AI mixer out there - pause for a second then connect with it. If multiple mixers exist, list them and wait. But usually there is only one.

2. Demo mode is not very useful. At least have an option available to hide Demo Mode. If there is any way for some users to go astray, they find it.

3. If QMIX is configured by Permissions to restrict a user to one specific Aux mix, then preselect that Aux mix for them.

4. In addition to a configuration option that limits users to Wheel of Me, add an option of not allowing Wheel of Me at all. None of my people seem interested in using it. It is rarely their own level they are adjusting.

5. If an iPhone is attached to the mixer and not yet configured, please set the default to NO privileges, not ALL Aux privileges.

I know they are all trivial points, but multiplied again by seven or eight stressed musicians, it would make a significant difference to me.

Thanks.
Last edited by bjmccaskil on Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by bjmccaskil on Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:21 pm
One more point:

When in UC Device Permissions list it would be helpful if, rather than iPhones only appearing in the list when actively connected, they could be seen in the list persistently once assigned permissions - even if asleep. Use an icon beside the listing to indicate whether this device is online at present or is not. It would be help me remain better oriented to who has been on line and been setup, even if not online at the moment. It would also be nice to be able to alter permissions even if the user is not online at the moment.

There could be button to Clear the list memory and start over, as well as clearing the list whenever the unit is reboot.

There. All off my chest.
Last edited by bjmccaskil on Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by matthewgorman on Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:27 pm
mkharvey11 wroteI just got this thing and am pretty new with it.

Is there a way to hide the automatic DCA groups? If so, tell me how. If not, that's a suggestion.

And is there a way to re-order the DCA groups in a custom list? If so, tell me how. If not, that's a suggestion too. That's my plan for studio use as a headphone console, iPads set to the group masters screen of each stereo aux.

Along with that, when using aux mixes in stereo, is there a way to make it automatically label the odd and even channels the same, maybe with a .L and .R attached, and when on cue mix on the iPhone, have it automatically add to that label - the odds as volume and the evens as pans?

And I like a lot of what I've been reading. Especially the one about iPad linking to create a nice long mega console with only 1 master section... that neatly stacks and stores easily when the show is over!

IIRC, deleting auto DCA groups and re-ordering are coming, possibly in the next update? Not 100% on that timeframe, so take it with a grain of salt please.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by alankennedy on Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:21 pm
Maybe a button to send an INPUT LIST to a print file ?

I am using this fully for live shows now , Love IT, Bigger labels and colors, will be good 1

Love the grouping, will we be able to do layers of groups ? Could use MUTE and SOLO on mono and main ... Otherwise, everything is awesome, with no extra BS, I use every single bit of this mixer, bands, plays with 25 RF, easy and simple i use multiple ipads for masters and AUX, and a larger touch as the main console surface. Never have had any crash of failure of the system.

Looking forward to whatever you guys roll out next , just keep going !!!
by mikebrini on Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:27 pm
I love QMIX AI it is the most simple and well laid out monitor mix controller that I have seen. I'm sure everyone has little adds they'd like to see with this app. PLEASE MAKE IT WORK WITH IPAD AND IPAD MINI. I am old and it is hard to see the iphone and ipod touch screen. Thank you

Mike Brini - Armed and Dangerous The Band - Va. Beach VA. (RM32, Dell Inspiron 2350 - Windows 8.1, Mac Mini - Mavericks I7 2.7 12G-RAM, Studio One Artist 2, Faderport, Monitor Station V2,
Mackie 824's, Eris 5's Temblor T10
by mwright137 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:26 am
You can install an iPhone app on an iPad. It will either be small on the screen or you can stretch it to fit.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by michaeljohns on Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:43 pm
I Just got my RM32AI and would love to be able to use my android Samsung s5 or my tablet also running on the Android operation system. Any hope of this soon ? 8-)
by seanbrown2 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:30 pm
michaeljohns wroteI Just got my RM32AI and would love to be able to use my android Samsung s5 or my tablet also running on the Android operation system. Any hope of this soon ? 8-)

http://support.presonus.com/entries/210 ... -IOS-only-

Last year traded up my 3 firepod pod chain for a RM32AI. just added CS18AI And I am LOVING IT!. The Home Studio set up. Home built. Amd fx 8350 8 core 4400 Mhz liquid cooled. Asus M5A99X-EVO R2 MotherBoard, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix 1866mhz Ram, 120 GB Intel SSD , 1TB Seagate HDD, 4TB HGST NAS HDD, 500 GB Seagate HDD. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, SiiG DP FireWire 800 3 port PCIe card, tripple monitors 27 inch Asus Monitor / 2 24 Asus inch monitors , Studio one 3 pro, RM32Ai firewire to pc, QSC RMX 2450, RMX 1450, RMX 850. Furman RP-8D power conditioner. Audix Microphones. PDP Platinum Series Drums
by drunton on Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:40 am
Awesome setup, but would love a few features (some listed previously but casting my vote here)

- It sure would be nice to edit the names of the FX channels - like DrumVerb, VoxVerb, VoxDelay, etc...

- Update Capture to properly identify you only have 16 channels on the RM16 and not record 32 automatically.

+1 on quickly changing multiple channel inputs from Digital to Analog for VirtualSoundcheck, etc

+1 on not having to restart/scan for the RM when changing apps on the iPad. I move back and forth between ForScore and SurfaceUC

+1 on ability to enter numbers for items - like when I try to match preamp gain on linked channels
by mwright137 on Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:16 pm
drunton wrote- Update Capture to properly identify you only have 16 channels on the RM16 and not record 32 automatically.

But you do have 32 channels on the RM16AI - you just don't have the additional inputs hooked up via AVB or Dante yet.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website

265 postsPage 3 of 14
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14