StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
265 postsPage 7 of 14
1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14
+100 allowing FOH access only to faders and a much needed easily accessible efx mute button the on main UC screen
by bradendelarue on Fri May 01, 2015 8:49 am
There is one big missing feature that I wish was there. Recall Safe functions.

Recalling a scene for the next band shouldn't change my iPod level so being able to lock certain channels would be great. Would also be useful to lock an output, so if I set up delay stacks, my delay level doesn't change per scene even if I want my monitors to change for different artists.

I'm not really fussed if this is just a per-show setting, I don't need to have this per-scene but I think it can be very useful

Gear List

RM32AI
CS18AI
Linksys Router
iPad Air 1
iPad Mini 1
2x Windows 8.1 Touchscreens
by dougwatson on Fri May 01, 2015 9:35 am
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you... Are you using quick scenes or the named scenes? Certainly with the named scenes you can define what is saved and recalled; such as recalling the EQs and Dynamics along with the FX.

StudioLive 24.4.2 StudioLive RM32AI MacBookPro OSX 10.8.5 Mac Mini OSX 10.9.5 (In Rack Case with the RM)
by bradendelarue on Sat May 02, 2015 7:44 am
dougwatson wroteMaybe I'm misunderstanding you... Are you using quick scenes or the named scenes? Certainly with the named scenes you can define what is saved and recalled; such as recalling the EQs and Dynamics along with the FX.

Perhaps I'm being unclear. On boards like the X32, I can specify certain channels as 'safe' - this means that when I recall all fader positions for example, that channel will always remain unchanged. This is useful for if I am running an iPod between bands. I would be able to use mute groups to mute the prior band, then raise iPod level. Now is where I would load the next scene for the next band, but when I do this the iPod level would change in FOH unless it is the same in all scenes. If the iPod input could be set to 'safe' then I could recall a new scene without any impact to my music between bands.

This same idea works with Aux Sends, I may want some sends to recall (monitors on stage for example) but others to remain unchanged throughout the night (delay stacks, breakout rooms, etc.) again the X32 lets me set an aux to 'safe' to prevent that specific aux from being recallable without affecting any other sends.

Hope that makes more sense

Gear List

RM32AI
CS18AI
Linksys Router
iPad Air 1
iPad Mini 1
2x Windows 8.1 Touchscreens
by Savior Sound on Sat May 02, 2015 9:07 am
Another vote for DB25's being channel direct outs (like the StudioLive 24.4.2). My reason for this is different than previous requests though. I currently use a SL 24.4.2 in my studio with a UA Apollo 16 interface and Studio One 2 Professional DAW. I send channels 1-16 DB25 direct outs from my mixer to Apollo. I would like to do the same thing with an RM32AI and add a CS18AI control surface. I don't have room for (nor do I want) both the CS18AI control surface and SL24.4.2 mixer on my table. I need XLR Aux outs for headphone monitor mixes and DB25's to be direct out, completely different than XLR mixes. Is this doable in software or are we talking a hardware issue?

PreSonus StudioLive 24.4.2
Universal Audio Apollo 16
Universal Audio PCIe octo card
PreSonus ADL 700
Mac Pro 3,1 2.8 GHz 2x quad (8)core
OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion
Studio One Professional 2.6.3

SaviorSound.com
by SwitchBack on Sat May 02, 2015 10:05 am
Savior Sound wroteAnother vote for DB25's being channel direct outs (like the StudioLive 24.4.2). My reason for this is different than previous requests though. I currently use a SL 24.4.2 in my studio with a UA Apollo 16 interface and Studio One 2 Professional DAW. I send channels 1-16 DB25 direct outs from my mixer to Apollo. I would like to do the same thing with an RM32AI and add a CS18AI control surface. I don't have room for (nor do I want) both the CS18AI control surface and SL24.4.2 mixer on my table. I need XLR Aux outs for headphone monitor mixes and DB25's to be direct out, completely different than XLR mixes. Is this doable in software or are we talking a hardware issue?
Definitely hardware.

The StudioLive mixers have the DB25s before the channel A/D converters where the RMs have the DB25 outputs after the Aux D/A converters. So in both cases the DB25 outputs are not in the digital (software configurable) part of the mixer.
by mwright137 on Sat May 02, 2015 2:29 pm
The light bulb came on for me the other day when someone said that the DB25's on the consoles could be direct outs because the preamp gain was analog. As soon as they made the preamps recallable, they would require another D/A converter to get the signal back to an analog direct out. Then it made sense for the DB25 to mirror the Aux outs since they are already post D/A converter.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by SwitchBack on Sat May 02, 2015 4:17 pm
Not sure about that. From PreSonus' description of how the recallable preamps work I take that they put a digitally controlled analog attenuator in front of a fixed gain XMAX preamp. So in that case they could have inserted the DB25s where they are on the StudioLives too.

I think the real problem is that those SL DB25 outputs never were a good splitter solution: No galvanic isolation, too hot for most mic inputs, and always a compromise on who gets control over the preamp gain. Great for hooking up a multitrack recorder, but not so much as a splitter to FOH or monitor mixer. The DB25s on the RMs seem to be more useful. YMMV :)
by Savior Sound on Sat May 02, 2015 8:33 pm
SwitchBack wrote
Savior Sound wroteAnother vote for DB25's being channel direct outs (like the StudioLive 24.4.2). My reason for this is different than previous requests though. I currently use a SL 24.4.2 in my studio with a UA Apollo 16 interface and Studio One 2 Professional DAW. I send channels 1-16 DB25 direct outs from my mixer to Apollo. I would like to do the same thing with an RM32AI and add a CS18AI control surface. I don't have room for (nor do I want) both the CS18AI control surface and SL24.4.2 mixer on my table. I need XLR Aux outs for headphone monitor mixes and DB25's to be direct out, completely different than XLR mixes. Is this doable in software or are we talking a hardware issue?
Definitely hardware.

The StudioLive mixers have the DB25s before the channel A/D converters where the RMs have the DB25 outputs after the Aux D/A converters. So in both cases the DB25 outputs are not in the digital (software configurable) part of the mixer.

Probably a deal breaker for me then. I want to use the converters on my Apollo 16 - one of the main reasons I got it (as well as for it's DSP processing power for UAD-2 + plug-ins)

PreSonus StudioLive 24.4.2
Universal Audio Apollo 16
Universal Audio PCIe octo card
PreSonus ADL 700
Mac Pro 3,1 2.8 GHz 2x quad (8)core
OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion
Studio One Professional 2.6.3

SaviorSound.com
by gbam55 on Sun May 03, 2015 7:27 am
Hi, I need to increase the tape in gain. Nothing fancy, makeup gain from a compressor would do. Thanks

Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2, 16.0.2 (x2), Studiolive mobile, Mac mini i7 Quad core, 16GB, MacBook Pro 2012 (1T Ssd & with all the Ports you need) Studio One Professionnal. Mélodine editor, Fader Port, StudioLive RM32-AI, CS18-ai, KRK VTX4 monitors and KRK 10s.
KRK 10 3 monitors. Yamaha O1v, KRK rokit 10 3 monitors. RCF 725-II PA and RCF 325 stage monitors. Turbosound TQ425/455 DP PA.
by ronron3 on Tue May 05, 2015 2:46 pm
maybe add a third option to the meters/48v button: big master /solo level meter !
by moshenuri on Mon May 11, 2015 3:54 am
Please

1. Option to customize (add) icons, since I work with ethnic instruments.
2. Option to digitally split a channel

Thank you
by rwagas80 on Mon May 18, 2015 4:25 pm
EQ and Dynamics Edit for the DCA Group Channel like the SL mixer; RTA and spectopgraph like the SL; And most of all the SMAART feature of SL is gone in RM.
by pa24711 on Mon May 18, 2015 8:02 pm
A lot of good suggestions so far... in case some of these haven't already been addressed:

1- It seems unusual in the EQ control display for the high frequency to be on the bottom, and the low on top.

2- I'd like for an option to have a channel "selected" (EQ and dynamic control, etc activated) by touching the fader. Also, would like to get from "Aux Inputs" button to "Main" by touching MAIN button again. I want stuff to activate when I touch it ( save yer jokes, lol ).

3- I wish the DCA faders had meters like regular channels...not necessarily to "measure" anything...more of a "signal present" or "activity" visual aid.

4- Is there anything that can be done to make scenes recall faster? This is VERY important to me.

5- I'd like to build my own display on my iPad...top and bottom rows...color-coded...have my selection of channels, DCAs, Aux sends, masters, etc... be able to get into something detailed like the device on top of the DCA masters, but get right back to my custom display with one tap after adjusting the detail.
by ronron3 on Tue May 19, 2015 2:31 am
Is it possible to switch off the right mouse button on windows touch versions ? It has no function in the program but it makes finetuning a slider difficult, because when you press and hold a slider the right mouse button kicks in. I guess the ipad version doesn't have this problem .
by rolandclarke on Tue May 19, 2015 2:46 am
Not exactly a feature request, but it would be really useful to have some short tutorial videos for the RM16/32 to show specific set-ups, i.e. DCA's, using quick scene's and recalling scene's etc. For example, do scenes store everything and recall selectively or do they only store selectively?
by mwright137 on Tue May 19, 2015 4:54 am
rolandclarke wroteNot exactly a feature request, but it would be really useful to have some short tutorial videos for the RM16/32 to show specific set-ups, i.e. DCA's, using quick scene's and recalling scene's etc. For example, do scenes store everything and recall selectively or do they only store selectively?

Scenes on the old StudioLive mixers saved everything and recalled selectively, so I would assume this is still true.

StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by rolandclarke on Tue May 19, 2015 6:19 am
I'm guessing that quick scenes recall everything though?
by mwright137 on Tue May 19, 2015 9:56 am
That I do not know.

My Website
by rolandclarke on Tue May 19, 2015 11:02 am
Just had a fiddle, and UC (certainly on the Ipad) requires you to "scope" for recall, even on the quick scenes! :shock:

265 postsPage 7 of 14
1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14