StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
265 postsPage 10 of 14
1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
wozzatpt wroteI'd like to make naming channels and outputs quicker and easier- and bring back the facility to bulk edit the names in the settings page on the app

It takes too long- particularly outputs to name them.

Agree. When everything is connected at a gig and time is of the essence, noone really want to wait until all the channels have been plumbed in correctly.
Also, I noticed that it is easy to make mistakes when copying the paper list. Editiing a list would make a bit of a differrence. Also, that list would be a good substitute for the paper list, providing there could be some extra note fields like the multi/breakout lines details... Like I use F1 for the front breakout box and channel no. 1. I do not wish to have this in the channel name but to have these details in a list is vital.

What would yout suggestion be to improve the entry of the channel/mix names?

I suppose off-line editing could improve a bit in the workflow now and then. That and a flexible channel moving feature...
by sjc193 on Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:54 pm
I agree about editing channel names all at once like in the old SL Remote (was much easier)

I haven't read all 10 pages of this thread, so it may have been mentioned already or not, but. . .

When I click on an AUX or Subgroup I want the EQ/DYN (fat channel) on top to flip over to that Aux or Subgroup!

I've only had the mixer for 3 or 4 weeks and I can't tell you how many times I have pressed on SUB7 then started tweaking the PEQ thinking I'm affecting that subgroup 7 only to find I have just Tweaked the heck out of Channel 11 which is the lead singer. . . and channel 11 isn't even in Subgroup 7.

It does not feel natural to me, I thought I would get used to it and learn to always look and always click at the bottom of the SUB7 fader before adjusting the EQ, but sometimes I still forget and even when I don't forget I think to myself "darn it! what a pain to have to make this extra click!"

The funny thing is that once you do have the EQ set to SUB7 and then you press on SUB5, the EQ (fat channel) automatically switches to SUB5, so it works right sometimes but not all the time because if it's set to a channel it stays on that channel no matter what aux/sub/main you press. I imagine maybe someone thought it made sense to do it this way maybe, be it was NOT me.

Thanks!

Steve

StudioLive RM32AI
Rackmount Windows 8.1 PC Quad core 8G ram
ASUS RT-N66U Dual Band Router
IPad2, IPad Air 2, Studio One 3 Pro, 1 DBX Driverack 260
2 QSC KW 153's, 2 Turbosound TMS-1's
2 OHM MR450D Subs with Kilomax 18inch drivers
4 EV ZLX-12P's, 1 TurboSound iX15, 2 Yamaha S115V's
1 Crest Pro-Lite 7.5 (7500 watts) amp, 2 Behringer EP4000 amps
10 58/57 mics, 1 SM86, 1 sE8, 1 sE2200, 1 AT2020, 2 AT2021
1 beta52 kick mic, 2 e609, 2 Radial J48 DI's, 1 PRO48 DI
2 4Bar lights, 1 4Play, 1 6Spot, 1 fog machine
by sjc193 on Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:04 am
Also,

to expand on the idea of having a single form to enter the channel names in, I think it would be great to also be able to do some channel setup as well. A single form where from top to bottom you have channel 1-32 also maybe the aux and subs at the bottom and you can:

adjust the preamp
set the phantom power for the channel
set the routing for the channel (main/mono on or off)
name the channel
maybe set the icon somehow here
and whatever else seems logical for it to be there

a form like this would be really nice so I could just bring it up and look at the stage and start creating my template of what channel is what, this is how I did it in SL Remote in the setup tab as well as setting the routing across the top of the form and this would all be done before I ever plugged a mic in.

Thanks!

Steve

StudioLive RM32AI
Rackmount Windows 8.1 PC Quad core 8G ram
ASUS RT-N66U Dual Band Router
IPad2, IPad Air 2, Studio One 3 Pro, 1 DBX Driverack 260
2 QSC KW 153's, 2 Turbosound TMS-1's
2 OHM MR450D Subs with Kilomax 18inch drivers
4 EV ZLX-12P's, 1 TurboSound iX15, 2 Yamaha S115V's
1 Crest Pro-Lite 7.5 (7500 watts) amp, 2 Behringer EP4000 amps
10 58/57 mics, 1 SM86, 1 sE8, 1 sE2200, 1 AT2020, 2 AT2021
1 beta52 kick mic, 2 e609, 2 Radial J48 DI's, 1 PRO48 DI
2 4Bar lights, 1 4Play, 1 6Spot, 1 fog machine
by fnloucks on Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:55 pm
MSC scene recall please. A must for theatre shows and anyone automating shows...and the ability for a Mac to recognize the RM's midi port via the AVB network. RM is on stage, CS18AI is in the booth with myself and the computer...need to be able to connect via midi from the booth. Either USB connection to the CS18AI or via the AVB network?
Thanks for the killer products!
by seanmcdaniel on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:40 pm
I know it's been posted here already but to reiterate, the ability to rearrange channels and insert new ones in the middle of existing channels.
by eric lane on Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:10 pm
[audio]My big request is post fader channel meters. I really miss that from my studiolive 16.4.2's
I'm very surprised it was released without that feature. It is extremely useful for many of the jobs I do.
by stuarthowitt on Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:08 am
To be able to assign outputs to a matrix, as this is what I was told the unit could do at PLASA.
by keithturner1 on Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:09 am
Can you get UC Surface faders to read Midi so some automation can be accomplished? Really, the software is hardly pushing the computer and automating the faders in UC Surface via midi avoids dealing with it within the RM32 itself.. Any chance of this? Maybe scene recall via midi would be something, though only 8 scenes is a bit limited (maybe there's more, I've only had the unit one week).
by matthewgorman on Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am
stuarthowitt wroteTo be able to assign outputs to a matrix, as this is what I was told the unit could do at PLASA.

That is more of a function of Dante, which is slated for release this year.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by sureshpatel on Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:08 pm
What are the chances of putting UC Surface on iPhone so mains can be controlled from iPhone instead of iPad/MAC/PC.
by dougwatson on Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:19 pm
Or perhaps just updating QMix so it can also adjust the Main LR/Mono mixes the same as the Auxes?

StudioLive 24.4.2 StudioLive RM32AI MacBookPro OSX 10.8.5 Mac Mini OSX 10.9.5 (In Rack Case with the RM)
by bjmccaskil on Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:37 pm
+++++++1

Even just simple FOH volume control from an iPhone, not even the mix.
by blusprite on Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:45 am
I use StudioLive 24 AI, the UC-Surface for iPad is great, but the No.1 thing that gets in the way when mixing is the fact that I only have about half of the channels working, but not the same ones every time (fixed setup, different number of people performing every time). So, I have to scroll too much, where if I could just hide the unused channels and only work with the remaining ones, would be of incredible help. I'm also for color coding the channels and ability to rearrange the order, as well as switchable post-fader meters, however, simply an option to hide specific channels at will, would make a huge difference!
by JoeShapiro on Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:37 am
bjmccaskil wrote+++++++1

Even just simple FOH volume control from an iPhone, not even the mix.

+10000 and add a button to mute FX between songs :D
by summitcn on Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:58 am
dougwatson wroteOr perhaps just updating QMix so it can also adjust the Main LR/Mono mixes the same as the Auxes?

I would like to see a simple Me-mix-style volume control for FOH in a simple iPhone app, and then sprinkle in a few mute group toggle buttons on the same screen.

This would be great for taking a short walk away from the console. You could control volume, and mutes, so you could mute the FX between songs for example.
by lostinsound1 on Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:35 pm
When naming channels, being able to tab to the next channel would be awesome for those using a computer or tablet keyboard.

I would LOVE to be able to patch any XLR input to any mixer channel so I could leave my sub-snakes plugged in and coiled up in my rack and still get my channels set up in the order that I prefer them in.

RM32AI | CS18AI | 24.4.2AI | Studio One v3 | Digimax FS | FaderPort | AudioBox iOne | HD7
by Agaeset01 on Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:38 pm
It would be great if we could have a view button similar to the X32 on the app. So when we click the view button on each section it enlarges to fit the whole screen. So if I want to enlarge the EQ section on the iPad I click on the view button and boom it enlarges on the iPad. This would make a great tool when brought together with the new CS18AI. Enlarge the EQ on the iPad and whatever channel I select on the CS18AI it shows the EQ on the iPad. So basically being able to see what I want on the iPad with the click of one button. Thank you!!! :D
by tlikely on Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:34 am
Maybe move towards making UC Surface more of a modular thing, where you could add your own "widgets" of functionality to a main screen.

This would hopefully include previously mentioned channel strip hiding/showing.

Click/touch/stare-really-hard-at one and it pops up to a zoomed view of that "widget".

Reality check...giving users too much control over any software probably creates more support calls but I am just talking control over layouts of the pre-defined functionality. For now. :thumbup:

And +1 one for a software dev kit.
by jovanikock on Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:15 am
How about changing the way the channel gain works. I work with bands that use Akai Mpc running 8 channels of music sequence.
Sometimes the audio tracks are not equally balanced and i need to be able to quickly adjust them on the fly.
But i can control only one channel at the time. Could you make a flip switch that controls all the channels gain setting with the faders (like yamaha ipad control has).
It would be so much easier and flexible.
by TopMusic on Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:21 pm
1. Channel Naming while using AVB... RM & SLAI.
So i've had both mixers running and connected via AVB for my last few festival gigs in the "RM32 as stagebox & monitors and SL32AI as FOH" configuration. What's annoying as hell, is having to name & label each channel on both mixers. You should be able to name the channels and change the icons for both mixers at the same time using either the SL32 console, computer or UC Surface app.

2. Capture control would be nice too... The ability to remotely start & stop Capture, enable soundcheck mode, etc... from the iPad app

3. iPhone app for a "FOH Quick Mix" Mains volume and 2 or 3 channels of your choice plus Mute Groups, Scene Recall and an ALL FX Mute.
ie: Mains, MC, & break music

Also here are my +1 votes for previous mentions: in no particular order.... 8-)

- scribble strip color options
- color on the parametric eq dots
- offline editing
- double-tapping on a CH fader to bring it to unity
- Fat Ch on AUX AB & Tape ins
- cross fade option for scene recall
- linked channels gain linked (or at least have the option)
- Hiding unused channels (can be done via custom VCA groups) but would be nice & quick
- Custom layouts in iPad app
- Nighttime / daytime color modes
- If an iPhone is attached to the mixer and not yet configured, please set the default to NO privileges
- send an INPUT LIST to a print file
- ability to make notes on Inputs
- edit the names of the FX channels
- changing multiple channel inputs from Digital to Analog or Network
- Quick CH Name edit as a list like the old Universal Control apps
- not having to restart/scan for the RM when changing apps on the iPad or after screen lock
- Ability for recalling channel settings to include channel name. create a channel preset for "Susan", "Jason", and "Carol", recall one of those presets onto Channel X, it would set the name on the channel as well
- Naming of Quick Scenes & Mute Groups
- Ability to see Pre or Post channel meters
- Ability to omit a CH, AUX or FX from being recalled
eg.: "Band A" scene had my break music at -20 but "Band B" scene at -5 for break tunes. Omit the break music level from the recall.... same goes for if there was an MC mic between bands, etc...
- Option to digitally split a channel - ch9 analog in, ch10 digital in from ch9 analog
- ability to rearrange channels and insert new ones in the middle of existing channels

Cheers,
Cliffy

Cheers,
Cliffy

TopMusic Productions / Thinking of Pinky Band
- RM32
- SL32AI w/AVB
- SL24.4.2
- 15" MBPro, 2.6ghz i7, OSX 10.9.5
- Quad Kv2 ES1.0 PA Sys
- AT M2M IEM's
- A&H GL3800-32