StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Recently, in the middle of sessions, my RM16 drops volume on the right hand side. If I restart it, it's OK. I've had this happen on a StudioLive too; and I fixed it by nuking the device with the most recent firmware and going back to the beginning. What is SO ANNOYING about this is the fact that despite how careful I am with backing up; saving scenes etc etc I can NEVER restore from a backup. What is the point of backing up a complex setup, with full backups and saved scenes if you can't get it back. I swear this is the LAST Presonus device I will buy and it's for this reason alone. A backup is a backup. It's not a partial restore; nor should involve filters or anything but a COMPLETE restoration. Now I have to go through an hour of screenshots I've resorted to using to get my setup back. I can't understand how a company that makes good quality hardware can be so HOPELESS with the software that runs it. HOPELESS!!
by Spirit on Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:04 am
Hi paulkneipp
It does not help you at all, but I only can agree with you: the backup function is simply not reliable. I had to face that about 2 hours prior to a premiere of a theatre show, when I lost all settings due to a power failure. And all my backups during rehearsals did not have the expected content (my last settings). SInce then I never use backup but only scene recall. That works, except of the phantom power settings no tbeing recalled.
As you might have read in my other post, I'm just facing other big trouble with the actual firmware, that led to a total loss of control during a concert last saturday. I thought to be lucky to have a 2nd RM-mixer with me. But that one had the same problem. To make the long story short:
Presonus software (or firmware) - at least in the actual versions - is not reliable for live-use !

MacBookPro iOS 10.10, Capture, iPad
2 x RM32AI, HP Envy Recline (i7, 23", Multitouch),
PA. KS-Audio CPD12, CPD1, CPD208, CL208 with CA4-D Amps

2 posts
Page 1 of 1