StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
my rml16 does not work.

I apologize in advance if this topic is already written.
I searched but I did not find a concrete solution.
Last year I bought an RML16 and kept it in its box.
This week I took it out of its packaging to start using it but it does not connect to the Wifi modem.
The front light flashes and then turns red. Try with 2 modems of different brands but everything remains the same. (Tenda) and (Nisuta).
I connected the network cable in each slot of the modem and nothing. Always RED.
I also go to myPresonus.com to check for updates, and I'm not sure I have to. In fact, if the firmware is old, how is it possible that the mixer "knows", if there is no internet connection at any time?
I'm very frustrated gentlemen :(
Try everything and nothing seems to work.

thanks for your help guys! I really need it.
by sjc193 on Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:26 pm
My RM32 always shows a red light after booting up. I think it only changes blue if you use the wifi dongle, which I do not recommend.

Better to use an ethernet cable from the RM to the LAN port of the wifi router.

Then to start, start the router first, then after a few minutes start the RM mixer, this way the router will appropriately delve out an IP address to the RM mixer with the right subnet. (In my case my router boots faster than the RM so I can boot them at the same time, but if you are just starting out do it in this order till you get it working, some routers boot faster than others)

At this point, the light will be red (it is on mine) and you should be able to connect to the mixer with UC surface on an iPad or android. BUT, the question is will the latest UCS software work with what could be very old firmware? I don't know. . . you may need to update the firmware using the firmware recovery method.

Steve

StudioLive RM32AI
Rackmount Windows 8.1 PC Quad core 8G ram
ASUS RT-N66U Dual Band Router
IPad2, IPad Air 2, Studio One 3 Pro, 1 DBX Driverack 260
2 QSC KW 153's, 2 Turbosound TMS-1's
2 OHM MR450D Subs with Kilomax 18inch drivers
4 EV ZLX-12P's, 1 TurboSound iX15, 2 Yamaha S115V's
1 Crest Pro-Lite 7.5 (7500 watts) amp, 2 Behringer EP4000 amps
10 58/57 mics, 1 SM86, 1 sE8, 1 sE2200, 1 AT2020, 2 AT2021
1 beta52 kick mic, 2 e609, 2 Radial J48 DI's, 1 PRO48 DI
2 4Bar lights, 1 4Play, 1 6Spot, 1 fog machine
by allendotson on Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:46 pm
Stupid question. Have you tried connecting to it using UCSurface? The light is red until it has a connection to a controller, then it will turn blue. Also, cascaded mixers will have a blue light on the slave, since it gets it's control signals from the master.

Try connecting from computer or an iPad.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1