StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
19 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm going to preface this by saying, I use a StudioLive 32.4.2 Ai board almost every week including the ipad/android interfaces on tablets. I've never had this trouble with the board but this was my first time with the RM series.

So Saturday I was to do sound with the RM32Ai. 12 channels were setup for the band. We had the system hooked up through Firewire to a PC record everything using CAPTURE. On a quick test, it recorded audio on the unmuted channels. On the iPad we could see audio levels bouncing on all the mic channels and audio levels bouncing on the mains. We got the monitors working through Aux 1 & 2. What we could not get to work was any sound from anything hooked up to the main xlr jacks.

We double checked all the mutes for the individual channels, There were no subgroups, Everything appeared to be assigned to the mains (again, we saw the meters moving when people talked in the mics). Faders were up, the gain dial next to the XLR outputs was adjusted multiple times, We checked the mute all button, turned off all mutes in the software, we checked the routing, we even plugged in one of the powered monitors (that was working) into the main outs and still got nothing. If I was looking at the iPad connected to my Studio 32Ai Live, I would probably be deaf.

Previously, the band had done some tests with the RM capturing a practice or two and using the monitor outs (but not the mains).

We got down to 20 minutes before setup & Sound check was supposed to be done and had to quickly switch back over to the analog board and got everything working there without a hitch (so I know the issue wasn't cabling). The show went off without too many hitches (had a few feed back moments early on since I was missing some EQ equipment that wasn't brought given the RM was to be the mixer).

I'm missing something, probably something stupid, but we just couldn't get the RM to send output out the main jacks on the front. Helpf
by wahlerstudios on Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:04 am
The volume knob on the back of the rack mixer was turned up fully?
by jeremymartin on Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:59 pm
wahlerstudios wroteThe volume knob on the back of the rack mixer was turned up fully?

There is no knob on the back of the rack. There are the power cord port, the power switch, the Midi ports, the Option card (and it's ports) and the DB25 Ports.

I did previously state that I did adjust the trim knob next to the main output xlr plugs.
by wahlerstudios on Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:24 pm
Uppps - I am sorry. I meant the trim pot(s) on the front and had not understood that you already checked them. You might want to check three more things:

1) Do you get a signal on Mono Out?
2) Do you get a signal on headphone out?
3) What happens if there is no FireWire (Capture) and computer involved?

You should also make a test after loading the zero out scene. This sets the mixer back to its original settings and routings. This helps sometimes. If not, a "factory reset" is the next and last option...
by mwatzal on Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:06 am
Have you route the channels to Main Out / Mono Out ?

Attachments
CB616677-3A7A-4ACD-9703-3B2715669A6C.jpeg
by Dale Christenson on Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:09 pm
I too, have had this happen with my RML32ai mixer. Took out of state to mix a show in lieu of bringing a behringer console provided by someone else. So, with no other mixer available, I plugged the main speakers to the aux 12 out. Aux 12 still has delay available and graphic eq. Worked for the show. I put a support ticket in, but was told to perform a factory reset.
I have not been in a position to do so yet, but came on this thread. Any wisdom?

Sound 4-U! reinforcement and mobile recording serving Tulsa and surrounding areas.
Dale Christenson

StudioLive RM32ai
StudioLive RML32ai
CS18ai
MOTU AVB switch
ULT15 x6
ULT18 x2
SL AI328 speakers x4
StudioLive 16.4.2 classic
Windows 8.1 SSD computer with UC Surface, Capture2, and StudioOne2 Producer
by bjmccaskil on Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:18 am
Just had much the same happen with my RM32. Inputs were all metering, but in this case main outputs showed nothing on the meter and were in fact dead. Turn the Mute button on and off, went to mute groups and turned all mutes off, nothing worked.

Got the Main outputs back by using filters to recall the Mutes only from an old scene. Only time in three years for a scary incident with the RM.

Don't know whether related to new software/firmware or just a fluke.
by Dale Christenson on Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:44 am
I didn’t use mine or have scenes on it as it was the first time I used it for FOH. Previously used as slave in 64 channel setup.
So, if I use the mute filter only...
I’ll try it.

Sound 4-U! reinforcement and mobile recording serving Tulsa and surrounding areas.
Dale Christenson

StudioLive RM32ai
StudioLive RML32ai
CS18ai
MOTU AVB switch
ULT15 x6
ULT18 x2
SL AI328 speakers x4
StudioLive 16.4.2 classic
Windows 8.1 SSD computer with UC Surface, Capture2, and StudioOne2 Producer
by wahlerstudios on Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:00 am
The "slave" does not use or need own scenes, but it keeps all settings from cascading. In a case when the rack mixers were not de-cascaded correctly, settings like muting of outputs can still be active. Sometimes loading the Zero Out scene helps, sometimes it needs a Factory Reset with the option card unplugged.

Mutes are not saved in scenes, only temporary on a single device.
by ericnaef on Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:35 am
Same happened to me last night. Had to run entire show through aux outs. I run everything stereo so what a pain in rear goin back n fourth between to mixes for left and right. Just sat down to research what the heck happened. Worked fine last week.
by bjmccaskil on Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:20 am
Let me make a wild guess that you are on the latest firmware. If so, revert to 9244.

With 13731, I found the only solution to this problem was to reload the zero out scene, or any old scene that worked, using the Mutes filter so as not to mess anything else up. Somehow the Mutes are being set and no other Mutes control worked for me.

But if not on 9244, move back to it.
by alexdunkley on Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:41 pm
Same issue..

I ended up Zero out the board and it was all happy..

I then recovered the presets via recall and was back to normal

Could be a firmware bug or possible the scene got corrupt when I shut it down last.

Model
RML16AI
by chapola on Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:04 pm
First, sorry for my bad english guys

I had the same problem.

This problem happens when you save the scene with the "mute all" button pressed.

When you recall this scene, it's like Main is muted. However, the mono out still works.

I found a solution for this, doing this:

Mute the Mono Out, then, in the mute groups screen, save this mute scene in any of the spaces. Then press to unmute this button. The Mono Out is unmute, and the Main bus will work again.

Please Presonus, fix this bug !!!!
by chapola on Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:06 pm
And NEVER, NEVER SAVE A SCENE with the MUTE ALL button pressed.
NEVER!
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
by michaelrohde1 on Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:27 pm
chapola wroteFirst, sorry for my bad english guys

I had the same problem.

This problem happens when you save the scene with the "mute all" button pressed.

When you recall this scene, it's like Main is muted. However, the mono out still works.

Mute the Mono Out, then, in the mute groups screen, save this mute scene in any of the spaces. Then press to unmute this button. The Mono Out is unmute, and the Main bus will work again.

Great! Thank you! :+1 Worked for me.
by illinidan on Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:29 am
chapola wroteFirst, sorry for my bad english guys

I had the same problem.

Thank you, this worked for me too! Very maddening problem until I came across this solution. To add slight clarity to the instructions "Then press to unmute this button" means press the Mute group button that you just saved the mute scene to. It will toggle the Mute for the Mono Out and the Main Out together. Also, if you don't see the Mutes button to get to the Mute Groups screen, tap the "<" under the Main Out fader.
by Judah Peters on Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:50 am
Can someone help the last 8 channels on my RM32ai isn’t working all the time when I use a analog input ex. Microphone. Sometimes it works However if I use the FireWire and the Network section on these channels it works perfectly
by larsosca on Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:48 am
I have had the same problem on and off.
Reset the mixer works but then you have to set the whole mix up again.
Then I got a thought and that thought was the solution to fix this.
Until Presonus has worked out a solution and released a software update, this solution works for me all the time.

SOLUTION:
1. Start Universal Control on your computer and connect to the mixer
2. Save the scene with all Recall filters activated
3. Copy the scene to Local section
4. Right click the scene in the Local area select - Show in explorer
5. Open the scene file in a text editor
6. Find the "main": section
7. In the Main section set the "mute": value to 0
8. Save the scene file
9. Recall the scene from the Local section to the mixer

The scene file section looks some thing like this:

"main":
{
"ch1":
{
"username": "Main",
"color": 4294901760,
"memab": 0,
"solo": 0,
"volume": -23.0778045654296875,
"mute": 0,
"pan": 0.5,
"stereopan": 1.0,
"linkmaster": 0,
"iconid": "",
"delay": 0.0,
"comp":
{
"on": 0,
"softknee": 0,
by wzemzyat on Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:24 pm
I'm a brand new 16r owner. I love the audio quality, the interface is fab. At $1500 it was pricey, but the single rack space format is awesome.

But at this point I dare not send the rig out with one of my sound guys because of the stupid auto mute if you don't power it down properly.

If you do not first power down the interface in the app, and then PHYSICALLY turn off the power switch, the next time you turn it on, all the outputs are muted. I mean bleep.

AND there is no big red sign anywhere saying "OUTPUTS MUTED - RESTART MIXER." It almost made me cry with frustration until I found an obscure post on some board.

To fix it, you have to go to the app, power down properly, shut everything down and start again.

Come on Presonus, this is bush league. I've NEVER had a problem with Behringer or Soundcraft mixers. Unless you fix this this, as soon as I can get a Behringer, I'm gona dump it.

Peter

19 posts
Page 1 of 1