StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Just updated firmware etc and versions of UC Surface/Capture.

After about 10 mins, CS18 has just dropped off the network (AVB via MOTU to RM32). UC Surface also stops. Reboot of RM brings it all back. This has happened twice now.

Also noticed that mute groups aren't instant anymore - it sort of ripples across the CS18 channels.

Phil

CS18, RM32, RM32, HP4, ERIS 5, MOTU AVB SWITCH
by Friedhelm on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:20 pm
is audio passing normal when the problem is happening?
Are you able to connect via a computer or ipad?

SL1602
RM16AI
Nowsonic stage router
StudioOne pro2
mac book pro 2009
ipad4
db technologies DVX 10(2x), DVX8(4x)
db technologies S08(2x)

https://www.waves.com/r/bqvxon
by philmoakes on Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:59 pm
No - audio via CS18 drops completely, UC Surface on PC drops out. At RM32 end I think signals are still running but no easy way to monitor that in my studio setup. Regressed to previous firmware on both RM32 and CS18 and problem resolved. Both devices ran for appx 6 hours with no problems. When I have some time, I'll reinstall the firmware again and run some tests. Until then I'm leaving things on the previous versions.

by mwatzal on Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:15 pm
During the Live Show last Weekend I lost complete Control Connection to my RM32.
CS 18 and all Tablets lost the connection to the RM Mixer.
The WLAN and Ethernet Connections was still available.
The Macbook with capture works ok and could record the Audiosignals.
All Audiosignals of the RM Mixer dont drop out and works fine.

After reboot the RM32 it works again, but the Channel Names was not available at the UC Surface / only the Standard Channel Numbers.
Have anyone an Idea or the same ...?
by philmoakes on Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:09 pm
I can't completely remember all of the things that happened when I upgraded to the latest firmware, but I think one of them involved this.

All I know is that once I reverted my firmware to the previous version (9244 on the RM and the equivalent on CS) everything worked again and since then had no problems.

by mwatzal on Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:51 am
Hallo,
I have the same Problem, and after several tests i find out, that the Problem is the
AVB Audio between the CS18 and the RM32. It looks like that the AVB Audio Stream crashes the Control service of the RM32.
As workaround I have downgrade the RM32 to the previous Firmware.
Now it works fine.
I have open a Ticket at the Presonus Support.

greetings from Germany
Michael

6 posts
Page 1 of 1