StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Up until recently I ran CS18 with RM32 firewired to MBP running Capture. I ran UC Surface on a PC in the control room next CS18, with RM32 and Capture running next to stage area (MBP monitored in Control Room using Team Viewer). RM32 and CS18 are on the latest public firmware (9244 & 9203).

A few weeks ago my MBP died so bought a new one with Thunderbolt 3 ports. I've used TB3 to TB2 and TB2 to Firewire adaptor to enable Capture recording. However prior to the death of the MBP, the changes I made on CS18 or via UC Surface (for exampe channel names), were reflected in Capture. This no longer happens and I'm hoping that someone will be able to help me think this through.

As far as I know, the connection between Capture and the other devices is through the firewire connection. In the past I haven't run the MBP off any network (apart from the firewire) and the Capture channel names have adopted whatever I've changed them to via CS18, so I'm sure it's nothing to do with that. i.e MBP wasn't connected wirelessly or wired to CS18 and/or RM32.

Am I missing something here? I did have to reinstall Capture etc from scractch on the new MBP but I can't see an obvious preference that links to this.

Thanks

Phil

CS18, RM32, RM32, HP4, ERIS 5, MOTU AVB SWITCH
by wahlerstudios on Wed May 16, 2018 6:28 am
Sync Names (manual section 4.1.4)
When Capture is synced to a StudioLive mixer as described in Section 3.4.1 , you will find both the Sync Names buttons. This is enabled by default and it synchronizes the names for each track in Capture with the channel names on your StudioLive.

It may be that this function was not enabled after the install. Generally, this function is not broken. It works as usual with the new beta firmware and the latest Capture version.
by philmoakes on Thu May 17, 2018 4:00 am
Thanks - I'll look at this again.

CS18, RM32, RM32, HP4, ERIS 5, MOTU AVB SWITCH

3 posts
Page 1 of 1