StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey guys having a bit of a crisis here. Don't know for the life of me why this isn't working. Bought the RML16AI new and it works great, already used it for a couple sessions... to TRACK. I listened and monitored levels within Universal Control, which works great. Protools is receiving signal from the unit/Universal Control just fine.

Now I have a drum session this week and I have to track drums to pre recorded scratches in Protools. Since I bought this unit, I have STILL had zero luck on getting Protools to playback in Universal Control. It seems like it's not even recognizing it... Again everything is working great the only thing I'm having issues with is playing any prerecorded sound OUT of my RML16AI (not only Protools, this includes Itunes, sounds from my Mac etc).

There has GOT to be an almighty button or something I am missing inside of Universal Control. I am very new to the software. I have attached my Protools I/O (which was deleted and defaulted to the playback engine I/O)

Running a MacBook Pro on 10.8.5

Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 7.11.51 AM.png
by ttaylorr on Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:17 am
Here is what I have going on in Universal Control with the PT Mix Window

Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 7.13.51 AM.png
by Karyn on Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:21 pm
I'm assuming you're connected using firewire.

You need to go into each channel in UC Surface (the correct name...) and set the input to "FireWire" to receive audio from your computer.

I would recommend saving a scene in UC Surface that has all the inputs set to FireWire to make this easy.
While you're tracking, also keep FireWire selected as the input and make ProTools echo back the signal its getting so you still hear it.

An example signal path would be... Mic > RM analogue input > RM gain control > FireWire to computer > into protools (for recording/processing) > protools output > FireWire back to RM > Same RM Input channel (set to FireWire) > through rest of channel strip to Master and speakers...

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.
by Karyn on Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:23 pm
If you're using a Dante card instead of FireWire (the only other way to get audio into your computer) then replace "FireWire" in the above post with "Network".

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1