StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
1 post
Page 1 of 1
Most of the updates of UC Surface 2.x for iPad have brought some nice new features or improvements (which were never mentioned in the "Milestone" documents), but the most recent update stops this process. For the AI family there are two tragic step backs, one improvement and one "funny" innovation:

1) I understand that for some users it might be useful that UC Surface follows the language settings of their iPad. For me it simply disturbs my workflow, to be forced to use an iPad in another language (German) than I am using the board, the network and recording. I remember that this was "fixed" a few versions ago. Until UC Surface 2.5.2.45951 everything was ok, but UC Surface 2.5.3.46940 brings an unnecessary change. I have to again change the language settings of my iPad, to be able to use UC Surface in English. :shock:

2) UC Surface 2.5.3 has lost the slider control in "Color Scheme" (settings page). Only the presets Dark and Light are left. It is not possible to "compensate for environmental light interference", as the manual says and as it was be possible before. :shock:

3) In "Sends Display Mode" the selected channel shows its number now. This is a helpful new feature. :thumbup:

4) We have got monster buttons now on the return channels (Reverb 1, Reverb 2, Delay 1, Delay 2, Tape In, Dig Ret, Talkback). They don't really fit to the layout of UC Surface and I don't see a need for bigger buttons for routing the signal to Main or Mono... :?

1 post
Page 1 of 1