StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Here we can not save the console now !
I have nice clicker on "save" the console, the process starts but in the end no new backup is registered.
The old backups are there but no news.
I, of course, tried to delete old backups thinking it was a problem of space but no !
I like the sound presonus but there is no follow up !
The "Thomann" store in Germany withdrew the 32 RLMs from the sale.
I'm waiting for the equivalent at the concurence and I change.
by wahlerstudios on Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:36 pm
"AI/RM Mixers: Restoring a Mixer Backup over Firewire is not possible. Must be done over Network connection."

This is what the "Universal Control 2.5.2 Milestone Release Notes" say. The problem exists since UC 2.x was released. There is an easy way to handle this: Save scenes and presets locally on your mixer and additional on an external device (computer or tablet). You will need no backups any more.

It is true that you can't buy any RM32/RML32 mixers any longer in the shops, so now is the time for second hand gear. Or you might want to have a look at the Series III rack mixers, which are available in formats of 32, 24 and 16 input channels. USB is now replacing FireWire. Unfortunately the new and the old rack mixers can communicate in a network because AVB I and AVB II are not compatible.
by gbam55 on Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:58 pm
I have the same problem from time to time. You save a scene and then run a backup on any instance of uc surface iPad, windows or Mac and the backup completes but creates no new backup file.

If found reloading the latest firmware to fix the problem. Sometimes just removing the interface card & rebooting will do the job. Other times the firmware must be reloaded from a usb stick.

Hope this solves the problem for you

Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2, 16.0.2 (x2), Studiolive mobile, Mac mini i7 Quad core, 16GB, MacBook Pro 2012 (1T Ssd & with all the Ports you need) Studio One Professionnal. Mélodine editor, Fader Port, StudioLive RM32-AI, CS18-ai, KRK VTX4 monitors and KRK 10s.
KRK 10 3 monitors. Yamaha O1v, KRK rokit 10 3 monitors. RCF 725-II PA and RCF 325 stage monitors. Turbosound TQ425/455 DP PA.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1