StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have a situation where I have a mono front of house with 2 different brand of speakers. I need to send the stereo out to one set of speakers and mono to the other so I can adjust their dynamics and eq. I would like one fader to control the whole mix. I realize I can do this with an aux but I don't want to eat that channel as I already have subs on aux as well.

Thanks
by wahlerstudios on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:41 pm
The RM mixers have mono and stereo mains for this, which can be processed separately (Fat Channel, GEQ). Additionally you can change the pan mode on the settings page. By selecting LCR, mono mains works as "center (fill)" output. To compensate an overall control simply move both mains faders at the same time... ;-)
by lishlash on Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:11 pm
wahlerstudios wroteBy selecting LCR, mono mains works as "center (fill)" output.

Would you know what db levels are output in LCR mode at different panning positions? When a channel is center panned, is the output -3db on all three LCR channels? And when panned fully right or left, what level is the center channel?
by wahlerstudios on Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:32 am
Honestly, I have no idea. There is no info in the manuals, so only PreSonus can answer your question. But they have abandonded their forums in April 2017, therefore you have to ask your question in "Answers" and hope that somebody is willing and able to answer your question. This may take some time.

Otherwise I would say just listen to what your ears say... ;-)
by gijsvandegeijn on Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:38 pm
Don't use the MONO out, unless you don't use any FXs!

The FX return levels are much higher on that MONO bus than the STEREO L/R.
I've reported this as bug when the April 2018 BETA- firmware (now current) came out.
Don't have any clue if Presonus is going to do something about it: They just said that there "were no major issue's" . Well, for me it is!
by lishlash on Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:50 am
gijsvandegeijn wroteThe FX return levels are much higher on that MONO bus than the STEREO L/R.
I've reported this as bug when the April 2018 BETA- firmware (now current) came out.

Does this occur on the MONO bus only when the mixer is in LCR mode, or in LR + MONO mode as well? Would you know whether the bug was introduced in the Apr 2018 Beta, or is it present in earlier versions of the firmware as well?

6 posts
Page 1 of 1