StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello hello,

I apologize if this question comes off as wildly ignorant, but I wanted to know if it was possible to only pan (or have different pan settings) on the aux sends? I currently run the RM16ai with one set of stereo IEMs but I have been tentative to spread things out in the mix because I also run my front of house in stereo. I have also just added a second IEM mix, so I would like to have different pan settings for each. The I would like the girl who stands to my left and plays guitar to be more in my left ear, but I doubt she would want that. Is it possible to pan channels differently on different aux sends, or is it at least possible to pan a channel in the aux send and not have it affect the FOH mix. I don't like to get too crazy with panning the FOH because we play relatively small venues. THANKS!!

-Dylan
by wahlerstudios on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:50 am
The pans L/R and auxes are separated from each other. Each mix can have its own pan settings. If you link two channels, they do not appear stereo in the aux; you need to spread the panorama to make them stereo.
by Dcaugust on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:57 am
Thanks for the reply! I actually just connected everything and looked closely at the pan settings and realized they change between main send and different aux mixes! Thanks so much for clarifying and confirming!

3 posts
Page 1 of 1