StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi folks
It might be a simple question, but I couldn't find it out; not even with the manual, since it is not working as described in the manuals I found online.
How can I reorder filter-dca's. With my RM / UC Surface it does totally crazy orders. I'm still on 2.1.1 of UC surface. Thanks for any help (i.e. a good description).

MacBookPro iOS 10.10, Capture, iPad
2 x RM32AI, HP Envy Recline (i7, 23", Multitouch),
PA. KS-Audio CPD12, CPD1, CPD208, CL208 with CA4-D Amps
by wahlerstudios on Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:22 pm
This might help you a little further. I remember this thread in "Answers" (I stopped writing there to support the forum).

http://answers.presonus.com/15721/how-to-re-order-the-dca-groups-of-the-cs18ai
by Spirit on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:02 am
Hi Whaler
In one of your answers you mentioned

StudioLiveAISoftware_ReferenceManual-EN-V5_09032016, chapter 4.4 "Managing Filter DCAs":

You can reorder the Filter DCA list by clicking or tapping on the Reorder button to the left of it and then clicking or tapping the Reorder button next to the position to which you would like it to move.

That's what I read as well. But this simply does not work that way. At least not with UC Surface 2.1.1. Does it really work that way for you.

by wahlerstudios on Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:50 am
Just checked it - it might have changed, but it has not. It works exactly as the manual says. You should consider

a) that all groups need to have some content (at least one channel selected)

and

b) allow your device (iPad, computer) 5 seconds to follow your commands. UC Surface can be slow, especially on old iPads...

This is why I wrote that you should think BEFORE, what you need for the next event or task. As I am working with a CS18AI mostly, there are 16 fader in the DCA bank, so there are 16 DCA groups stored in my "personal" zero out scene:

01 DRUMS
02 KEYS
03 BASS
04 GUITARS
05 VOCALS
06 --
07 --
08 --
09 --
10 --
11 --
12 --
13 FX A RETURN
14 FX B RETURN
15 FX C RETURN
16 FX D RETURN

The DCA groups are empty, but the CS18AI makes it very easy to select the channels: It has a matrix for this purpose. If there are more instruments like a brass section or percussion, I simply rename groups 6 and 7 and select the appropriate channels.

06 BRASS
07 PERCUSSION

Of course the names have to be shorter because of the limited display space in UC Surface and the scribble scripts. Usually I have the DCA groups filled when I come to a event, but this system makes it really easy to fill the DCA groups even if the concert has started already.

Working with already arranged DCA groups also makes the use of UC Surface easier. I always turn the "Show Auto Filter DCA Groups" on the settings page to OFF. Others may like automatic DCA groups. Do what suits you most.
by Spirit on Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:46 am
Thanks again for your reply. I do not use auto filter dca's since I'm using it for different scenes of a theatre. All DCA are filled with at least one channel. But last night it definitely didn't work the way, as descibed in the manuals. I'll give it a try agin tonight. Due to my trie last night the order is totally messed up. So nothing to loose ;-)

by Spirit on Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:50 am
Hi all
I don't know what it is, but on UC surface 2.1.1. it's definitely not working the way, as it is described in the manual.
If you click on one entry and the move to where you want this entry to be placed, you almost can't predict, where it will move. I have more than 16 DCAs, since it is for a theatre production. Maybe it's a software bug or whatever. Since premiere is soon, I will not give any other tries. But maybe there is somebody out there, who could check this issue, also with way more than 16 DCAs. Thanks in advance.
Maybe a presonus guy is reading this and can give an answer.

by wahlerstudios on Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:10 pm
I am using UC surface 2.2.0.44119 on my iPads 2 and I can move my DCA groups as I want and need. The description in the manual might be a little misleading, so let me try to make the procedure clearer.

ORGINAL: "You can reorder the Filter DCA list by clicking or tapping on the Reorder button to the left of it and then clicking or tapping the Reorder button next to the position to which you would like it to move."

NEW VERSION: "You can reorder the Filter DCA list by touching the reorder button UNTIL IT LIGHTENS UP, then touch the (unlightened) reorder button of the new place once. It will lighten this button and move the selected DCA group to this place."

But...

Now you need to DESELECT the DCA group you have moved, because if you click further, it will follow your clicks. The reorder buttons have a select/deselect function. This function is activated by just pressing/touching the button until it enlightens.

Remember to start and end ANY reorder. This should solve your problem. You will be able to move your DCA groups back and forth. My iPad2 takes a few moments for any of those moves. Be patient...!

;-)

7 posts
Page 1 of 1