StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have both the RM16 and RM32. On the RM16, I am able to use the last 4 physical Aux Mixes to set up a delay fills and have a GEQ. On the RM32, it seems the last 4 Mixes are able to do delay, but do not have a GEQ assigned to them.

I have the most current firmware and app versions. I did notice that on the demo, I have Delay available on all the Aux Mixes.

Is there a fix for this, or an upcoming update to fix this? It seems if you are setting up a Delayed fill, you would want to be able to finely tune it with the EQ.

Thanks!
by wahlerstudios on Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:13 pm
As you may have noticed already, both RM mixers are technically identical, just the number of physical inputs and outputs differ. For both mixers it says:

* 15 graphic EQs (for the first 12 aux buses plus the Main left, right, and mono/center buses)
* Four 300 ms alignment delays on the last four Mix outputs

(quotes form the product description)

This explains why the RM16AI has GEQs on all outputs (also the ones with delay), while outputs 12 to 16 of the RM32AI do not have GEQs. But they also have full parametric equalizers, which should be enough for "fine tunes" of delay lines. I do use delay lines from time to time, also in difficult acoustical situations like churches with reflecting walls, but I rarely need any equalizer. The PEQ is anyway the better tool to "shape" sound.

My mixers are packed for Sunday activities, so I can't check how many delay options there are actually. I will report back. By chance I had a look at the demo version of UC Surface for iPad today and I thought that it really shows what the RM mixers do. This is different with the SL AI boards, as they do not have features like DCA groups, recallable gains and delays on auxes (only on subgroups).
by wahlerstudios on Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:06 pm
Indeed, there is a technical difference between the two RM mixers. It should say on the product pages

of RM32AI:
* 15 graphic EQs (for the first 12 aux buses plus the Main left, right, and mono/center buses)
* Four 300 ms alignment delays on the last four Mix outputs (12 to 16)

of RM16AI:
* 11 graphic EQs (for the first 8 aux buses plus the Main left, right, and mono/center buses)
* Four 300 ms alignment delays on the last four Mix outputs (5 to 8)

It is true that demo UC Surface shows (output) delay available on all aux mixes. It would be better to reduce this to aux 13 to 16, as it is in reality. Interestingly GEQ is not available on auxes 13 to 16...

You have to work with what there is. Feel free to make feature requests in "Answers", one request for 15 GEQs on RM/RML16AI and one for delay on all mix outputs (like in demo UC Surface).

:thumbup:

3 posts
Page 1 of 1