StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I had the unpleasant surprise of a maximum sound noise on the outputs after several cascading of the rm16ai and rm32ai.

Explanations:
1 - I first slave the RM32ai and the RM16ai to master for my first use
2 - still running, I removed the RM32ai as a slave
3 - then set the RM16ai to slave and the RM32ai to master by mistake.
4 - I removed the RM16ai as a slave
5 - then set the RM32ai again as a slave and the RM16ai as a master (pay attention to the risk of maximum noise on the outputs)
6 - I put the fader on U or 0dB of an analog channel (ex input n ° 1) and mounted the hand L / R above U or 0dB > meter en sound level up to maximum
7 - I was able to reproduce the same problem on the auxiliary outputs
by wahlerstudios on Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:29 am
I can understand your problem because I have tested the same configuration (RM 16 and RM 32) in different set-ups. Obviously cascading is a complex process, which does not only concern the RM mixers alone. The RM mxiers ALWAYS have a 64 input channel and 16 auxes/subgroups configuration, but if you think of Capture connected via FireWire, you have to consider variations like e.g. a 48 channel/track configuration. I have seen that the system simply doesn't like on-the-fly switching of configurations. There MUST be a restart of the mixers, UC Surface and Capture in between.

It always makes sense to have that kind of settings finished BEFORE turning on any amplificaton (PA, wedges, in-ear) and it is wise to keep all faders down until everything is running. NEVER save a scene with output levels full on...

:roll:

2 posts
Page 1 of 1