StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I currently have v 7049 and accidentally updated iPad to UC 2.1. Then updated my laptop to UC 2.1 and cannot get the firmware from flash drive to do anything - plug flash in with 9244 and recycle and red light - nothing happens. Help please.
by wahlerstudios on Wed May 31, 2017 7:22 pm
7049 means RM firmware version SL 1.0.7049 and Universal Control 1.4.1 as corresponding software. There have been two major changes in firmware in between, so you NEED to do a factory reset with the option card pulled out. This will delete any information (scenes, presets) stored on your RM and it may be that you have to do two or three factory resets, but this should get you going again.

Another thing to try is to install UC 1.4.1 on your computer again and try to save anything you want to keep (no backup, just pure saving of scenes and presets). After that do the factory reset with the firmware update. The process is well described in a document you will find in your PreSonus account.

If you want to use FireWire, install UC Surface 1.8.0 on your computer. Your computer may see the "FireWire lag", as desribed in the release notes of all UC Surface 2 versions. You can use UC 2.1 on your iPad and UC 1.8.0 on your computer equally, because they share the same firmeware version.

Please let us know how things have proceeded.
by Mark Palinkas on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:30 am
Thanks! I got it - had to pull the card to get it updated and did a factory reset. Forgot to save my scene but not a big deal there (I had a previous scene that is close).

3 posts
Page 1 of 1