StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello
I've seen that there are afew new effects in the studiolive III (compressor, etc...)
can we imagine those effects could be "installed" in the RM32 nearly?

Thanks for your answer ans sorry for my very bad english !!!
by Karyn on Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:48 am
It would be nice but very unlikely. Though there's not a lot wrong with the effects we have already, the compressors sound very nice, the reverbs are very usable and the delays... delay!

A simple chorus or ADT would be nice but I don't see it happening because of available processor power.

Waves is your friend.

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.
by wahlerstudios on Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:14 am
by lancelyons on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:07 am
wahlerstudios wroteWatch your friend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbV_bwPCSYc ;-)

Sorry for robbing this thread a bit, but I find this post interesting.

Wahlerstudios - thank you for the link. As you can see in my signature, I have a CS18ai, and an RM32ai. You may have also noticed my prior posts on Rays AVB updates. I can run Waves right now, but the PC has to be on stage.

My desire is to have the CS18ai at FOH with two touch screens and a PC running Studio One with Waves WHILE keeping the RM32ai on stage. I also want to talk back to stage and provide pre and post show music run from FOH.

You have pointed out to me that adding another RM unit at FOH was a good solution. Will the Waves solution work with a RML16 placed at FOH and cascaded with the RM32 on stage? And will I be able to benefit from the SMAART updates coming up, in that I can have SMAART at FOH?

Lance

CS18ai, RM32ai+ MOTU AVB switch, MOTU 1248 AVB
DAWs - Sonar Platinum, Studio One
PC - home built
WIN 10
Intel i7- 6700K
Gigabyte Z170 UD5
Thunderbolt, USB C, Ethernet AVB ready, Firewire 400 and 800
32 gig Corsair DDR4
2 HD, 1 TB each
27" PLANAR touch screen
Buncha WAVES V9.2 64bit
by wahlerstudios on Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:00 pm
You're not robbing this thread, because I guess there are many RM/CS users interested in ideas, how to be creative with this system. Unfortunately I can't answer your question, if Studio One 3 can be used like in the video, because S1 2 Pro still is more than I need. I only do mastering of live tracks and my Mac mini anyway is not a machine for DAW processing during live events...

As I am now using a CS18AI, I do not want to miss anything I had with my SL boards, which is a FireWire connection at FOH supplying UC Surface, Smaart and Capture. I use a RM16AI as Master at FOH, the RM32AI serves as Slave on stage. AVB switch and router are located at FOH, because I need the ports at FOH. Right now I am configuring a 3 U rack for connectivity (power supply, AVB, LAN). Switch and router will also find their home in this rack. The RM16AI in the upper rack actually does nothing else than converting AVB signals to FireWire, but I could use all inputs, the mains and the mixouts at FOH, for example to feed a delay line. In a live situation the racks will not be visible. On the Mac I am using UC Surface 1.8, on iPad UC Surface 2. They work well together. It's nice to have buttons for Capture on the CS18AI and with this system I can record 64 + 4 tracks, but I can also play tracks into the system, which seems to be limited to 32 channels (the input capacity of the Master).

The RM32AI serves as stagebox for 32 input channels, which show up in UC Surface as channels 33 to 64. I can route them all to channels 1 to 32 by using the channels network option, which means I am mixing live on channels 1 to 32 (faderbanks A+B on CS18AI), while channels 33 to 64 could be used for monitoring, if a separate processing would make sense. Otherwise there are 16 mix outs and 4 FX and it's all ONE mixer...

Maybe somebody else can check if an integration of Studio One is possible. I remember having heard that it is possible to use either the firewire routing or the network routing, which would make the use of additional processing impossible. The picture shows my actual setup, which I am testing now in my office. The racks will be ready by the end of the week.

Attachments
DSCN5875_800.jpg
CS18AI supported by RM16AI at FOH position.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1